Home > Advertising > Headline: Internet kills Yellow Pages

Headline: Internet kills Yellow Pages

Could this happen? Will the Internet be the beginning of the end for print Yellow Pages? - by SpeedRacer
Could this happen? Will the Internet be the beginning of the end for print Yellow Pages?
For many industries such as Real Estate I would say "Yes". For tradesmen like Plumbers I would say "No" or at least "Not Yet". - by AZBroker
The Internet forever changed Yellow Page advertising. Newspaper classifieds had better watch out too. ;wi - by Agent Smith
Having spent some time learning sales copywiting, I can tell you that many YP advertisers are now paying copywriters to write their YP ads. Response goes way up w/ a decent ad.
You're assuming that people over 50 run and do agoogle search when looking for a pizza place. Doesn't happen. YP is still where 80% of people go to quickly looks something up. The 80% figure came from someone I know who runs a program on how to write YP ads.

Susan - by susana
You're assuming that people over 50 run and do agoogle search when looking for a pizza place. Doesn't happen. YP is still where 80% of people go to quickly looks something up. The 80% figure came from someone I know who runs a program on how to write YP ads.

Susan
I agree that "Restaurants" are another example, like "Tradesmen", of businesses that people turn to the print Yellow Pages first. However, I wouldn't bet on it staying that way. - by AZBroker
I'm not an i