Home > Customer Service > Measuring customer satisfaction

Measuring customer satisfaction

Does anybody use any specific techniques to actually measure customer satisfaction?

How strongly does it figure in sales techniques as a part of increasing turnover. - by Dolly
Direct feedback (ie; "How do you like our product/service?") is a common metric. ;) - by Agent Smith
How strongly does it figure in sales techniques as a part of increasing turnover.
I can't tell what you're asking. :dun - by Jolly Roger
Well, JR (Dallas, Dallas, Dallas)

How do you really know if customers are satisfied with your service or goods?
I know Agent Smith mentioned Direct Feedback, but I'm not really sure if this works.

I know monitoring repeat purchases does, as does monitoring word of mouth recomendations, but do companies focus on this aspect of business or is it a case of one sale is good enough? - by Dolly
Are repeat purchases or word of mouth recommendations reliable indicators of customer satisfaction? - by SpeedRacer
Are repeat purchases or word of mouth recommendations reliable indicators of customer satisfaction?
In some ways, yes, it can be a good indicator that it really works. But mostly, I think this doesn't work 100 percent.

There are times that word of mouth is just the work of networking wherein the buyer who really needs the product will make the product very attractive to other people. That person will tell them how good the product is but in the end, he would get a commission from the sales.

I think its the customers' response to the product or services that really measures customer satisfaction. But having said that, not everyone will really be satisfied by just a single product. So its really hard to measure it.

I guess we could add statistics. - by encoder
Does anybody use any specific techniques to actually measure customer satisfaction?

How strongly does it figure in sales techniques as a part of increasing turnover.
Hello Dolly...

My name is Michael Coritsidis and I am a Job Ready Strategist/Motivational Speaker/Life coach and iI feature, "The Seven Steps to Employment Success System."

May I offer the following:
1. Call backs/follow-up
2. Mailed or on the spot Questionnaires/Client Satisfaction
3. Coupons/Discounts/Incentives
4. Quality customer services

Product + Value+ Customer Service= Repeated customers.

Remember, it is the repeated customer that provides you the meat of your business. It is also less expensive from a cost effective perspective to keep your repeated business rather than market to new customer's.

michaelc ;sm - by job ready strategist
How do you really know if customers are satisfied with your service or goods?
You ask. IMO, confirming customer satisfaction is part of every salesperson's job. - by Jolly Roger
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.