Home > Advertising > Starbucks Gift Cards

Starbucks Gift Cards

I was at a conference once, and they gave away prizes, which included a Starbucks gift card for $10. Winners were encouraged to take someone they met at the conference for a cup of coffee as a networking gesture. It was a great award because it encouraged action. - by Coda1108
That is a very clever idea. Thanks for sharing. - by Agent Smith
That was a smart idea. I bet Starbucks sold more as a result than they put out in free gift cards. - by Jolly Roger
Thats a good idea of making more and more network - by mtajim
What a great Idea from the organizers and Starbucks who were probably the creative minds behind the whole idea. Nice move! - by jimberan
Speaking of Starbucks....

I heard about a Realtor who would go through
the drive-thru... pay for the person's coffee
behind them... and give the clerk her business
card to present to the customer with their
paid-for coffee.

Generated pretty consistent referrals that way.

Interesting. - by MaxReferrals

paid-for coffee.

Interesting.
I'm going to borrow that idea. bgwnk; - by realtor
I'm going to borrow that idea. bgwnk;

Cool. Good luck and let us know your results, okay?

I did hear that the realtor writes on the back of her card...

"I can also help you pay less in homeowners insurance..."

Pretty smart, as it creates ways for her to network with
insurance agents locally and expand her base. - by MaxReferrals
Cool. Good luck and let us know your results, okay?

I did hear that the realtor writes on the back of her card...

"I can also help you pay less in homeowners insurance..."

Pretty smart, as it creates ways for her to network with
insurance agents locally and expand her base.
Can do. thmbp2; - by realtor
The concept is a great idea. I gotta do some thinking about how to apply it to what I do and when to put it into motion.

I have a coffee house customer who buys from me and I could do some kind of cross promo with them with this concept I bet.

Chuck - by Sales Pro 1000
Most certainly so. Thanks for sharing - by alexhar
Thank for your comments - by Jabber

paid-for coffee.

Interesting.
I wonder how they know what the folks behind them are going to order? Size, shots, etc...? Good concept, nonetheless. - by klozer

paid-for coffee.

Interesting.
Sounds like a shot in the dark to me. I can think of better ways to spend my marketing dollars and earn referrals. - by Houston
Being a recent recipient of a $10 Starbucks Gift Card for a referral I passed to a financial services rep who I network with at the Chamber events I'd have to say that it's an overkill for a referral.

That's my point of view. A note to say thanks, or maybe a phone call would have been sufficient.

Or, maybe an invite to have lunch or coffee with him and we could build on our existing relationship.

Chuck - by Sales Pro 1000
Sounds like a shot in the dark to me. I can think of better ways to spend my marketing dollars and earn referrals.
Yes, I agree it sounds like a shot in the dark, too.

On the other hand, maybe it's worth trying ten or twenty times to see what happens. - by Skip Anderson
I also heard of a baker who baked cookies and took them to the local real estate companies as a gift for the customers. The realtors gave them their card and one of their own as well. It worked for her so well she got enough orders to start a brick and mortor business.

Just a thought.

Smiles,
Lisa - by lrobertson
Yes, I agree it sounds like a shot in the dark, too.

On the other hand, maybe it's worth trying ten or twenty times to see what happens.

sounds like a good idea to me, imagine that happening to you. even if you were not in the market. do you think you would tell someone about your experience? there is no better advertising then word of mouth. 5 bucks a day for the chance at a good lead seems worth it to me. I pay more than that in gas just to get to my office and have the chance to make a deal. let alone a chance to get a lead. - by Jaron Watkins
I also heard of a baker who baked cookies and took them to the local real estate companies as a gift for the customers. The realtors gave them their card and one of their own as well. It worked for her so well she got enough orders to start a brick and mortor business.

Just a thought.

Smiles,
Lisa
Our office used to have us drop off little candy jars that had our logo on it to the manager's offices in the clubhouses at the communities we worked in. Once a week we'd come back and fill the jar. We got referrals and residents were exposed to our name. I don't know why they ever stopped that program. :dun - by Thomas
I have a customer who signed up for our gift card program. He took 50 of them, put $20 each on them and took them to the mall to hand out.

Now, this actually cost him NOTHING unless they were used, (well it cost him .95 a piece for the cards.

15 of those came back to his store, and it's a High end bike shop, there's nothing in there for $20, 10 of those bought a $500 bike. not a bad way to make an extra 5k in my opinion.

I use that as an example to get people to take gift cards when they sign up with us.

Pat - by toolguy_35
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.