Home > Interview > When to disqualify a prospect

When to disqualify a prospect

Last week I was assigned to a sales office in a manufactured housing community. A buyer has to be approved/qualified to live in the community. I've been asking disqualifying questions almost immediately because there isn't any point in talking if they can't get in the park.

Do you think it's okay to ask these questions immediately or do you think they should be mixed in with the other questions we normally ask? - by Thomas
Do you think it's okay to ask these questions immediately or do you think they should be mixed in with the other questions we normally ask?
I think it's smart to ask DQ questions upfront. - by AZBroker
The buyers know they have to be approved, so I would think they'd expect the questions. With that in mind, ask the questions that most benefit you and what you want to know.

Susan - by susana
Some of the people say they just want to see what's available in the community and don't know why I need to ask some of the questions I ask.

So far most of the people who gave me a hard time turned out to be the one who didn't qualify. Coincidence? Probably not. - by Thomas
What would do if you had 100 prospects in front of you but only 2 of those prospects were serious buyers who were going to buy that day. Wouldn't you want to get the DQ questions out of the way immediately? - by SpeedRacer
If they can't buy the sooner you find out the better. Spend your time in front of serious buyers and your bank account will love you for it. :lo - by WobblyBox
What would do if you had 100 prospects in front of you but only 2 of those prospects were serious buyers who were going to buy that day. Wouldn't you want to get the DQ questions out of the way immediately?
Yes I would. Your question reminds me of the Smokey and the Bandit song... We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there... ;sm - by Thomas
If they can't buy the sooner you find out the better. Spend your time in front of serious buyers...
I couldn't agree more. ;) - by SalesGuy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.