Home > Presentation > Sales Terminology

Sales Terminology

Do you think that too many salespeople or companies are so wound up in what they are selling that they tend to use too much terminology that customers don't actually understand?

I find this particularly relevant when dealing on the internet i.e. getting onto a company webpage and finding that many abbreviations that I haven't really got a clue what they are talking about, or dealing face to face, and then I just feel that I am being conned because they are trying to confuse me. - by Dolly
That's usually would happen if someone doesn't understand the undertaking he's entered into, the other side will be tempted to dupe the other guy. There are plenty of these on the internet, but I shied away from them or I did not finished the venture because it is veyr confusing. - by matefork
I think that some salespeople forget or fail to realize that not everyone understands their industry jargon or lingo. Do some (Doctors, Lawyers, Plumbers, SalesPeople, etc.) use unknown jargon to come across as superior or even deceive others? I wouldn't doubt it. - by Liberty
I did that for a while using jargon of our business - no more.
MitchM - by MitchM
I am very conscious about using technical jargon and for those times when I do I make sure I explain it immediately to the client. - by SpeedRacer
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.