Home > Prospecting > Telephone Prospecting

Telephone Prospecting

Telephone prospecting is about finding people who already know what they want and are ready, willing, and able to make the purchase right? So why wouldn't these people have already bought or already be talking with someone about it? If I was ready to buy a car I would be down at the dealership looking at cars. - by Thomas
Telephone prospecting is about finding people who already know what they want and are ready, willing, and able to make the purchase right? So why wouldn't these people have already bought or already be talking with someone about it? If I was ready to buy a car I would be down at the dealership looking at cars.
I would be at the car lot too. How you described cold calling doesn't sound right. I thought cold calling was about calling cold or warm prospects not hot prospects. - by Marcus
Telephone prospecting is about finding people who already know what they want and are ready, willing, and able to make the purchase right? So why wouldn't these people have already bought or already be talking with someone about it? If I was ready to buy a car I would be down at the dealership looking at cars.
In my experience prospects who match your description become customers (they buy) within just a few days. - by realtor
Telephone prospecting is really calling people to find out if they are serious about getting more information on what you have to offer. Usually, you will buy a targeted list of people who have already expressed an interest in what you are offering, so you are not actually cold calling these people. But, you still have to create an interest in your own unique product/service & yourself. - by wlctrent
I have NEVER bought a big ticket item after being called. In fact, it'll have the exact reverse effect. - by Bettina
Telephone prospecting is really calling people to find out if they are serious about getting more information on what you have to offer. Usually, you will buy a targeted list of people who have already expressed an interest in what you are offering, so you are not actually cold calling these people. But, you still have to create an interest in your own unique product/service & yourself.
You want to find those who are interested in more information or you want to find those who already want what you have? - by Thomas
i am a car salesman.. I do pretty good for myself now (better than anyone else here), but I am petrified of cold calls. My rationale is, a Car is not something that you can, at least with decent odds, talk someone into being interested in over the phone.

service leads, or customers who are here for service on their cars I do pretty well with, the most I ever made was a person who was getting their car serviced... I soldt hem a new one before the oil was done getting changed.

what I am getting at is, am I taking the wrong approach or should I start getting used to cold calling - by asisiempre
Telephone prospecting to me often entails convincing people of the value of buying your product or service now, and thus buying from you when they normally would not have bought that product or service at that time. - by John-F
i am a car salesman.. I do pretty good for myself now (better than anyone else here), but I am petrified of cold calls. My rationale is, a Car is not something that you can, at least with decent odds, talk someone into being interested in over the phone.

service leads, or customers who are here for service on their cars I do pretty well with, the most I ever made was a person who was getting their car serviced... I soldt hem a new one before the oil was done getting changed.

what I am getting at is, am I taking the wrong approach or should I start getting used to cold calling
I work with manufactured homes and cold calling prospect by phone stinks. The people can be very rude and the convert rate is very low. ;thd - by Thomas
i am a car salesman.. I do pretty good for myself now (better than anyone else here)
I'm curious about how you know how everyone else here is doing?

There are so many cold calls happening, many people are sick of having their time wasted, particularly if they're working when the calls come. - by Ricardo
I'm curious about how you know how everyone else here is doing?
I read that to mean that asisiempre was doing better than everyone else at that dealership not this forum. - by Jolly Roger

what I am getting at is, am I taking the wrong approach or should I start getting used to cold calling
Yes you should be getting into using the phone to prospect. Buyers (like me) are busy people. You know what? I would LOVE just for once, a car salesman to take the trouble to actually call me and ask me if I am interested in changing my car... Everytime I have bought a new car it is ME that has had to do all the work, whilst the car salesman sits and reads the newspaper (dont laugh it actually happened!).

So, try the phone, you'll be surprised. Oh and another thing, if you want to close someone into a car, rather than relying on them to come to your lot, take a car to them for a test drive!

Good luck thmbp2; - by Julian
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.