Home > Presentation > What's In It For Me? WIIFM

What's In It For Me? WIIFM

What's in if for me? Or put another way... what is the benefit to me for taking the action you suggest?

IMO, this is a fundamental element of persuasion and influence. When you can communicate a "benefit" to the target that is of more interest than his/her current situation then action/movement in the desired direction will result. - by SalesPro
That sounds like "Leverage" to me. :p - by Houston
IMO, this is also a fundamental of "Motivation."

For instance, the child who is so hard to wake up in the morning normally gladly springs out of bed on Christmas morning. ;) - by Gilbert
...the child who is so hard to wake up in the morning normally gladly springs out of bed on Christmas morning. ;)
I Like It! :) - by SalesGuy
What's in if for me? Or put another way... what is the benefit to me for taking the action you suggest?
I also have found that quite a few buyers indeed want something in return for taking action. Most often I find that instead of saving them money (as long as you are competitive) many buyers are interested in you being able to save them time or make ordering that product easier for them. - by Doc MC
Time, Money or Hassle. I believe those are the big three. - by Newbie
I also have found that quite a few buyers indeed want something in return for taking action. Most often I find that instead of saving them money (as long as you are competitive) many buyers are interested in you being able to save them time or make ordering that product easier for them.
Price is not a concern when the perceived value is peaked. People buy convenience, freedom, anything to make life personally, or in business, easier. - by metromonster
Price is not a concern when the perceived value is peaked.
It's pretty hard to overpay for something you really really want. ;) - by SalesGuy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.