Home > Technology > Selling website advertising space

Selling website advertising space

Hey all,

Is it common that you'd hire someone to sell advertising space on your site for a commission. If so, how would one go about finding such salesperson and what would a typical comission be (the typical sale would be $xx-xxx)?

Thanks,
James - by devbistro
Hey all,

Is it common that you'd hire someone to sell advertising space on your site for a commission. If so, how would one go about finding such salesperson and what would a typical comission be (the typical sale would be $xx-xxx)?

Thanks,
James
I think this would be common for high traffic sites. As for your other questions... I have no idea. :( - by MagicMan
MagicMan,

Thanks for your reply! Well, the site that i am looking to advertise is not really a high traffic site (about 3k visitors daily). hence the sales are likely to be mid xx to mid xxx. - by devbistro
Hey all,

Thanks,
James
I've seen more than a few forums where you can post your advertising space for sale. Other than that, I've never really looked into it. - by Houston
Yeah, I actually recently started one of those forums dedicated to doing just that (buying & selling ad space) - by devbistro
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.