Home > Presentation > Do You Create Value for Yourself?

Do You Create Value for Yourself?

Hi All,

I'm interested to know how everyone is creating value for themselves? Or, do you think your job is just to create value for your product/service?

Susan - by susana
Hi All,

I'm interested to know how everyone is creating value for themselves? Or, do you think your job is just to create value for your product/service?

Susan
Create value for themselves... do you mean perceived value of the salesperson in the transaction by the customer? - by AZBroker
Create value for themselves... do you mean perceived value of the salesperson in the transaction by the customer?
Yes. I think the more value you bring to a prospect the more reason they have to buy from you. If they think you'll disappear after the sale is made, I believe you're less likely to get a deal.

Susan - by susana
Yes. I think the more value you bring to a prospect the more reason they have to buy from you.
I agree. This applies to all types of transactions even something like purchasing groceries. If the consumer finds value in the relationship with the grocery store they will return. - by AZBroker
I'm interested to know how everyone is creating value for themselves?
My "expertise" is what I bring to the table and is the primary reason clients enlist my services. - by Agent Smith
I think the more value you bring to a prospect the more reason they have to buy from you.
IMO, the bigger the spread between perceived value and actual cost the better.

If they think you'll disappear after the sale is made, I believe you're less likely to get a deal.
I agree. Nobody wants to be orphaned. - by Jolly Roger
My "expertise" is what I bring to the table and is the primary reason clients enlist my services.
Most veteran real estate agents take pride in their real estate expertise. And, in my estimation most of them know their stuff. However, most of them do not sell very well. Therefore, I think that there are other more important reasons that you are valued by your clients.

We have done extensive research into the most important motivations of people who are making major buying decisions. The top two are their trust and their respect of the salesperson. It seems obvious that you are achieving that kind of a relationship with your clients – maybe unintentionally – since you do not acknowledge it. That is not unusual. Most top salespeople do it and don’t know how it happens.

Incidentally, respect creates the assumption of expertise in a prospect’s mind. - by JacquesWerth
In the context of this thread, an individuals "expertise" can be a perceived value to the customer. - by Agent Smith
In the context of this thread, an individuals "expertise" can be a perceived value to the customer.
I entirely agree. However, it is not a value that sets you apart from many other veteran Realtors - unless the prospects believe you and not them.

My guess is that your prospects also get the feeling that you are trustworthy and that you really care about them. Then, their belief in your expertise is easily accepted. - by JacquesWerth
projected stages of value and evidence of post sale care... shows a bit more value long term than a quick cheap deal. - by Dismultifunctional
projected stages of value and evidence of post sale care... shows a bit more value long term than a quick cheap deal.
Projected stages of value... what does that mean? - by AZBroker
projected stages of value and evidence of post sale care... shows a bit more value long term than a quick cheap deal.
What does "projected stages of value" mean?
How does it relate to "a quick cheap deal?"
Why do you cite that comparison? - by JacquesWerth
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.