Home > Management > Qualities Needed For a Great Leader...

Qualities Needed For a Great Leader...

Great day all,

I have a question for all you brilliant members and I would love your feedback.

What qualities are needed from a boss/manager/supervisor/employer to be considered a great leader? Thanks.

michaelc.
job ready strategist;sm - by job ready strategist
The ability to motivate / activate other human beings by being human. - by Hungry
At the very minimum I would expect Vision, Ethics, and the ability to Inspire others. - by Agent Smith
Great leaders study other great leaders and assimilate their qualities.

That's why role models are more important than working models in a world that is changing faster than anyone can keep up with. - by Gary Boye
Great day all,

I have a question for all you brilliant members and I would love your feedback.

What qualities are needed from a boss/manager/supervisor/employer to be considered a great leader? Thanks.

michaelc.
job ready strategist;sm
Someone who will go to bat for his people. There's nothing that inspires loyalty among the troops like 'fighting' for them. Especially, on a commission issue.

Susan - by susana
Backbone! ;sm - by AZBroker
Great day all,

Thank you for all your great answers. Keep em coming.
michaelc. - by job ready strategist
How about conviction, confidence, and optimism? - by Liberty
How about conviction, confidence, and optimism?
Yes plus honest, intelligent, grounded, and proactive. - by Iceman
“Leadership is Sacrifice. It is Self-Denial. It is in fearlessness. It is in humility and it is in the perfectly disciplined will. This is also the distinction between great and little men.”
-Vince Lombardi
-------------------------------------------------------------
Read this famous quote by Vince Lombardi once more only this time start by using sales leadership as the first words. I am not certain anyone can improve on his statement. What you can improve is your ability to inspire those around you. Do you...

LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS, NOT SOMEONE TO BLAME ?
RADIATE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ABILITY TO GET THE JOB DONE ?
ARE YOU SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT YOU EXPECT ?
TRUST YOUR PEOPLE ?
SUPERVISE AND INSPIRE THOSE AROUND YOU ?
FOLLOW-UP ON ASSIGNMENTS ?
HOLD EVERYONE ACCOUNTABLE ? - by Masteri5
“Leadership is Sacrifice. It is Self-Denial. It is in fearlessness. It is in humility and it is in the perfectly disciplined will. This is also the distinction between great and little men.”
-Vince Lombardi
-------------------------------------------------------------
Read this famous quote by Vince Lombardi once more only this time start by using sales leadership as the first words. I am not certain anyone can improve on his statement. What you can improve is your ability to inspire those around you. Do you...

LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS, NOT SOMEONE TO BLAME ?
RADIATE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR ABILITY TO GET THE JOB DONE ?
ARE YOU SPECIFIC ABOUT WHAT YOU EXPECT ?
TRUST YOUR PEOPLE ?
SUPERVISE AND INSPIRE THOSE AROUND YOU ?
FOLLOW-UP ON ASSIGNMENTS ?
HOLD EVERYONE ACCOUNTABLE ?
Great day Masteri5

well stated!!!

michaelc. - by job ready strategist
I agree with all posts before me. Another character trait essential to leadership is a Truman quote "The buck stops here."

A great leader is accountable to those above and below him. He doesn't shirk responsibilities, and he willingly accepts the good with the bad as equal sides to his position. A leader who is double-minded, weak, and vascillating eventually destroys himself and those he leads. - by ColleenMullins
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.