Afraid

Now were do I begin? I've got a decent product or two (own designs in the security industry, electronics) and I believe in em however to go out and sell the products is a paralyzing (Literally) thought. I do know there is a need for it cause the stats show it. Please enlighten me on methods on how to prevent fainting before doing a call. Is it a motivation problem?

(English not my first Language) - by Hungry
Hungry, what is it about the idea of going out and selling the product that troubles you? Is it the fear of rejection, failure, etc.? - by Agent Smith
Agent Smith, it seems like it is (fear of rejection, failure). I know I need to overcome it because it could contribute to my demise (16 reasons why sales people fail, Tim Conner). I know more or less the target market however I need to work on a few things because I feel naked when I enter a potentials customer's place of work. Self confidence issues? Not sure. It would feel better having a decent script I would guess.

Selling a product were truck owners could see (on PC or Cell Phone) who is in there trucks @ any time. They want to know because "illegal" passengers pay to ride with and it causes them some legal headaches in the event of an accident and basically because it is not a taxi service.

The other product is a vehicle security system based on GSM tech. All known products in the car security industry where I am staying do not work. Designed a system where should somebody take your car you would know about it in seven seconds irrespective where you are in the world. Your car will phone you on your cell. Ones you received the call you phone it back and by doing so you immobilise it. Could see on the phone were your car is.

Please be so kind to help with a decent script. PLEASE. - by Hungry
Hungry,

many small business owners face your same dilemna. You do some marketing, but now (Yikes!) you have to go out and talk to people.
Best advice I have is think of having a conversation. During this conversation, you need to ask some questions to see what kind of problems they might be having. Problems lead to...solutions.
Hopefully, the solution is your product.

Best of luck

Susan - by susana
Hungry,

When you decided to actually follow through on the designs and really make a product to sell, you must have had an account or two in mind. I would think that you had gotten enough positive feedback that it motivated you to folow through and take action.

I would go to those accounts first, as they are most likely to buy. Talk to them honestly, tell them about how motivated you were to make a difeerence in thier organization, tell them how passionate you were and here is the result, and DON"T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR THE ORDER.

One of the biggest problems I've seen in sales people is that they have a great story, they are real motivators, totally passionate, but a scared to death to simply ask for the order. It's paralizing yet soo simple. When the time is right, when you see buying signals such as "how much again?", or "can you get me one by Tuesday?", or even simple "yes" nod's as you talk. ASK!!!!! "So, would you like one?", "How many would you like?", "I can have one here by next week, wold that work for you?", "what steps do you need to take to go throgh with an order?", and so on.......

You will find after a while that it become so natural and exciting that you'll be biting your lip PREVENTING yourself from asking for an order to soon!!..

Have fun, do great thngs and remember the little people!!!

Tom - by TommyMac5
Guys and Girls, this is such nice info. Thank you susana and TommyMac5. Any ideas on a nice intro pertaining to a script. Me like running bull, one problem, donno were to run to ;-) - by Hungry
Tell us what it is you do/sell my friend..... - by TommyMac5
Please be so kind to help with a decent script.
In my own experiences I have found that when I know what to say (script) I am more confident and proactive. When I don't know what to say (script) I find myself running through negative scenarios mentally such as, "what if they say this... or ask me that?"

About scripts... what are you wanting to achieve from the script? - by Agent Smith
A common response when engaging in a situation (conversation) of perceived importance (risk) while unprepared is to experience the emotion of fear (negative expectations).

Here are a few popular options to consider:
  1. Avoid the situation.
  2. Be prepared by learning what to say AND do.
  3. Change the perceived importance of the situation.
  4. Be willing to fail and/or look the fool.
Scripts alone (what to say) can only take you so far. ;) - by SalesGuy
In my own experiences I have found that when I know what to say (script) I am more confident and proactive. When I don't know what to say (script) I find myself running through negative scenarios mentally such as, "what if they say this... or ask me that?"

About scripts... what are you wanting to achieve from the script?
I would love to achieve self confidence, up the law of averages and basically be more effective.

- by Hungry
A common response when engaging in a situation (conversation) of perceived importance (risk) while unprepared is to experience the emotion of fear (negative expectations).

Here are a few popular options to consider:
  1. Avoid the situation.
  2. Be prepared by learning what to say AND do.
  3. Change the perceived importance of the situation.
  4. Be willing to fail and/or look the fool.
Scripts alone (what to say) can only take you so far. ;)
I don't like to fail nor look like a fool. I need to be told that it is O K if those negatives happen with me.
"Change the perceived importance of the situation." Very interesting.

I use to be in this zone of comfort were it wasn't necessary to sell my goods. Now I need to make a living out of it. Weird scenario. Bring it on.

(English not my first Language) - by Hungry
"The results a person obtains are inversely proportionate to the degree to which he/she is intimidated."
You seem to be a wise Human SalesGuy. - by Hungry
I would love to achieve self confidence, up the law of averages and basically be more effective.
Effective scripts can help you with this. What kind of script are you wanting; prospecting, interview, presentation??? - by Agent Smith
(English not my first Language)
Presentation please. In need some help because I got an order at a very upmarket estate with regards to there security infrastructure and I would like to impress the socks of these guys. My product knowledge are very good, just the sequence or order of the presentation itself I am not familiar with. - by Hungry
Presentation please. In need some help because I got an order at a very upmarket estate with regards to there security infrastructure and I would like to impress the socks of these guys. My product knowledge are very good, just the sequence or order of the presentation itself I am not familiar with.
Hungry, if you got the order already what presentation are you talking about? - by Agent Smith
Funny scenario but I got the order seeing that I did some work for one of the developers. This specific person is now part of this development too and his fellow investors would for obvious reasons like to see what I am going to do. Hope it makes sense. What specifics should I look at with regards to the "ingredients" of the presentation? - by Hungry
"The results a person obtains are inversely proportionate to the degree to which he/she is intimidated."
You seem to be a wise Human SalesGuy.
Why thank you Christie. ;wi - by SalesGuy
What specifics should I look at with regards to the "ingredients" of the presentation?
Usually the ingredients of a presentation revolve around presenting your capability to provide the customer with their desired outcome. - by Agent Smith
Now were do I begin? I've got a decent product or two (own designs in the security industry, electronics) and I believe in em however to go out and sell the products is a paralyzing (Literally) thought. I do know there is a need for it cause the stats show it. Please enlighten me on methods on how to prevent fainting before doing a call. Is it a motivation problem?

Great day Hungry,
My name is Michael Coritsidis and I am a Job Ready Strategist/Motivational Speaker/Life Coach and I feature my "The Seven Steps to Employment Success System."

F.E.A.R.
FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL.;bg - by job ready strategist
Great day Hungry,
My name is Michael Coritsidis and I am a Job Ready Strategist/Motivational Speaker/Life Coach and I feature my "The Seven Steps to Employment Success System."

F.E.A.R.
FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL.;bg
Thank you for introducing yourself Michael. Please be so kind to elaborate on the F.E.A.R concept.

Christie. - by Hungry
Great day Christie,

Fear is a mental monster we create when we feed it unwarranted information that is
mostly based on opinion instead of fact.

michaelc.;sm - by job ready strategist
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.