Home > Customer Service > 'You Sales Guys'....

'You Sales Guys'....

A good friend of mine called me yesterday. He works in sales for a big company. Last week was the final week of Q3. He spent the entire week chasing customer orders. On Friday, he had 9 calls from his manager on the status of 1 order. 9 calls. Whatt does this have to do with Customer Service? Well, he was so busy chasing orders, he had no time to return customer emails. On Saturday, he ran into a customer at a product show. She had left him an email with a question.
She approached him and said, "You sales guys never return emails unless you're going to sell something".
Little did she know, he was under such pressure to bring in sales (9 calls in one day!!) that he had no time to answer her inquiry.

Susan - by susana
What does this have to do with Customer Service? Well, he was so busy chasing orders, he had no time to return customer emails.
It doesn't look like Customer Service was the priority in that situation. - by Houston
She approached him and said, "You sales guys never return emails unless you're going to sell something".
Little did she know, he was under such pressure to bring in sales (9 calls in one day!!) that he had no time to answer her inquiry.

Susan
What is your take on that Susan? - by WobblyBox
What is your take on that Susan?
Well, I've made a few posts on the reality of selling for big companies. This is a perfect example. My friend explained to this woman what he'd been doing all week, but customers don't care about 'internally focused' companies. They care that you didn't return an email. keeping your job or returning an email...there's not much choice.

Susan - by susana
Well, I've made a few posts on the reality of selling for big companies. This is a perfect example. My friend explained to this woman what he'd been doing all week, but customers don't care about 'internally focused' companies. They care that you didn't return an email. keeping your job or returning an email...there's not much choice.

Susan
Chasing customer orders at the very last moment seems more to do with time management than company focus. - by WobblyBox
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.