Home > Management > Engaging my Sales Associates in training

Engaging my Sales Associates in training

By tomorrow, I will have a sales staff for an upper end, retail jewelry boutique. The next step is to bring them up to speed and train them, both in our product and how to sell it. Any suggested reading, websites, or personal experience? - by tbaldwin
By tomorrow, I will have a sales staff for an upper end, retail jewelry boutique. The next step is to bring them up to speed and train them, both in our product and how to sell it. Any suggested reading, websites, or personal experience?
How extensive will the training be? - by Agent Smith
I will have approximately 2 weeks to train them in a long and detailed line of fine jewelry. I must put my training together from the ground up, with pictures and descriptions, very little else. It has been suggested that I put together an eLearining system of some sort....NO IDEA HOW....I am a really great manager and business women, I know how to motivate, keep people playing on the same team, I've been told many times that I could sell snow balls to an Eskimo...just not sure how to teach that in a "plan before the incident" type of method...my previous experience was a teach as you go, lead and oberserve, coach day by day. I've never had any kind of traditional (or not so traditional) training for selling, it just came naturally to me... - by tbaldwin
I will have approximately 2 weeks to train them in a long and detailed line of fine jewelry. I must put my training together from the ground up, with pictures and descriptions, very little else. It has been suggested that I put together an eLearining system of some sort....NO IDEA HOW...
The elearning could be a secure website with pictures and descriptions (product knowledge) that you put together. You could also have an area for "policies and procedures" which outlines how you want the sales people to operate. Another area could be for selling procedures such as an outline of the selling process for your specific offering. You could include a selection of questions to ask consumers and responses to common consumer questions. The list goes on...

Thoughts? - by Agent Smith
I will be putting all trianing on a secure website, however, there has been discussion regarding a testing system online as well, with a test at the end of each section after review. I am not a super technical person, however, I do learn very quickly. I simply have no understanding of how to put some kind of test, and the answers online. I assume that the investors would like this kind of system so that progress of learning, as well as retention of knowledge, can be monitored from off site. There will be a grading system on knowledge that will influence annual pay raise.

I guess I'm not so stumped as to content as how to facilitate the process. - by tbaldwin
I guess I'm not so stumped as to content as how to facilitate the process.
Have you considered collaborating with a web designer? - by Agent Smith
I have thought about that, however, I don't know that I will have a budget for that. I know that there are programs available to create online polls, etc...such as what we are doing now, as well as multiple choice radial buttons, etc...although, I'm not sure how to google that... - by tbaldwin
By tomorrow, I will have a sales staff for an upper end, retail jewelry boutique. The next step is to bring them up to speed and train them, both in our product and how to sell it. Any suggested reading, websites, or personal experience?
Do you expect your customers will be upper income or high net worth? I sold for years to high net worth, so may be able to offer some suggestions

Susan - by susana
Thank you for the leads! I'll check them out on the train this morning and get back to you! - by tbaldwin
OK. I checked out those sites...they are GREAT! Thanks! I am really feeling better about that part of my responsibilities at this point. - by tbaldwin
OK. I checked out those sites...they are GREAT! Thanks! I am really feeling better about that part of my responsibilities at this point.
Good luck with your new adventure. ;sm - by SpeedRacer
Do you expect your customers will be upper income or high net worth? I sold for years to high net worth, so may be able to offer some suggestions

Susan

Susan, this is a great question. Internationally, the customer is customarily is of high net worth. In our local market, we are targeting several specific demographics. We are launching a bridal collection specific only to our Boutique worldwide. This collection will have a wide range, from entry level price points through very high income price points. The remainder of our collections will have a variety of price points as well, however, our main target customer will be the upper/high end market.

I was just given the permission to begin looking at some Five Star customer service/High End selling/training products and have been online most of the sleepless night. Training begins on November 1, and I have to really know what I am teaching...I would fully embrace any suggestions! - by tbaldwin

Susan

Susan, this is a great question. Internationally, the customer is customarily is of high net worth. In our local market, we are targeting several specific demographics. We are launching a bridal collection specific only to our Boutique worldwide. This collection will have a wide range, from entry level price points through very high income price points. The remainder of our collections will have a variety of price points as well, however, our main target customer will be the upper/high end market.

I was just given the permission to begin looking at some Five Star customer service/High End selling/training products and have been online most of the sleepless night. Training begins on November 1, and I have to really know what I am teaching...I would fully embrace any suggestions!
tbalwdin,

I don't think there's a lot out there on selling to the affluent. I've got a product coming in January that is called selling to millionaires. Also, has great tips on how to market effectively in your local area. That being said, you need some help now. We are looking for some businesses to try the product and then give us feedback. Iif you want to pm me, we can see what might be the most help to you.

Susan - by susana
Susan, I think that I sent you a PM. I am really new to this...not sure if I sent it correctly...lol - by tbaldwin
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.