Home > Resistance > We need to pray about it before we decide objection

We need to pray about it before we decide objection

I got this objection today from a home buyer, "we need to pray about it before we decide." I'm sure my face looked like this - :hu - when they said it. Has anyone else heard this before? How would you respond? - by Thomas
Next time that happens here's what I want you to do. Look the client straight in the eye, tilt your head slightly to one side, and with a tone of seriousness quitely ask... who do you think sent you here?

OR...

Help them identify, clarify, and verbalize what it is about the deal that's causing them to seek guidance. ;) - by WobblyBox
Thomas

I am sure anyone who has been in sales for more than 3 days has heard some version of that. It is easy for us to be flippant and say..."Well, I've heard he's everywhere so let's just pray right here" or "Hey, why don't I pray with you".

Without getting into a theological discussion the first thing to remember is people's faith is an important part of their life. If you say or do anything that either questions the validity of it or lessens it's importance you are working against yourself.

Try this and see if you like it.

"Folks, I appreciate you sharing that with me. I know it's important to you. I also know some of the things you will want to pray about are ( here is where you mention features, terms, etc. ) and I am confident you will get the right answer." (This is another version of the reply from WobblyBox above)

In my opinion anything else appears as though you are not respecting their wishes.
We all want the sale now but in this case you have to do your best and wait for the answer. If you have given them a great presentation, met their needs and the terms are agreeable I think more often than not they will buy.

Good question and good post, Thomas. Best of luck in your selling efforts. - by Masteri5
Next time that happens here's what I want you to do. Look the client straight in the eye, tilt your head slightly to one side, and with a tone of seriousness quitely ask... who do you think sent you here?
No Way Jose! ;om

"Folks, I appreciate you sharing that with me. I know it's important to you. I also know some of the things you will want to pray about are ( here is where you mention features, terms, etc. ) and I am confident you will get the right answer." (This is another version of the reply from WobblyBox above).
I can see myself saying that. If it comes up again I'll give it a shot. Thank you. ;sm - by Thomas
"Great. Make a thoughtful, prayerful decision. I'll call you in a few days if I haven't heard back from you." I get that all the time and I say that and get back to work. Some pray about it and buy and others don't I don't consider that to be any kind of objection - it could be all kinds of things but I don't have time to figure it out and it wouldn't matter anyway.

MitchM - by MitchM
Heard about a guy who had this done to him, he leaned back in his seat, said "You know, I agree - I'm a strong Christian and believe ALL things should be done through prayer. Let's pray!" Then the SALESMAN led the prayer, they signed, he made $1500. - by Bardicer
Heard about a guy who had this done to him, he leaned back in his seat, said "You know, I agree - I'm a strong Christian and believe ALL things should be done through prayer. Let's pray!" Then the SALESMAN led the prayer, they signed, he made $1500.

This can ONLY work if the salesman is being honest and sincere!!

Wear the Right Hat!
Bill - by Bill_Kistner
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.