Home > Social Influence > Posthypnotic Suggestion (Sales Hypnosis)

Posthypnotic Suggestion (Sales Hypnosis)

"Mrs. Jordan, you've been able to buy a beautiful home with the mortgage we have provided you. Now, as you run your errands later today, you may be able to think of some other ways our other financial services, such as checking and savings accouts, credit cards, and certificates of deposit, can help you. And, as you think of other ways we can help you, I want you to pick up the phone and call me. Ok?"
This passage quoted from "Unlimited Selling Power" by Donald Moine and Kenneth Lloyd is an example of posthypnotic suggestion in sales.

Have you ever used a similar technique? Would you? - by MagicMan
I haven't said anything like that to clients but I vaguely remember being told something like that by the appliance salesman. Huh... I forgot about that. ;bl - by AZBroker
It paints a picture and makes a suggestion but if anyone thinks it has anything to do with hypnosis doesn't know much about human behavior. It's just the power of suggestion. - by theglyphon
It paints a picture and makes a suggestion but if anyone thinks it has anything to do with hypnosis doesn't know much about human behavior. It's just the power of suggestion.
Can you give more detail on this? - by Milt