Home > Presentation > Ideosensory Trance (Sales Hypnosis)

Ideosensory Trance (Sales Hypnosis)

"As a master automobile salesperson you can make your prospect see a vivid image of himself behind the wheel of a bright red Porsche. You can have him see his neighbors turning their heads to watch him drive down the street. You can have him see his wife smiling proudly as he pulls into the driveway. You can have him smell that new car smell and the smell of those new leather seats. You'll have him feel the steering wheel in his hands and he'll feel every little pebble and crack in the road as he raced down a deserted country lane. This will all happen before your prospect even gets into the car!"
This passage quoted from "Unlimited Selling Power" by Donald Moine and Kenneth Lloyd is an example of ideosensory trance in sales.

Have you ever used a similar technique? Would you? - by MagicMan
I don't remember specifics but I'm sure I've used something like this in the past and I wouldn't have any problem using it in the future. - by AZBroker
Is this a common sales technqiue? - by Milton
Is this a common sales technqiue?
I am under the impression that painting vivid word pictures is not an uncommon sales technique. - by MagicMan
This is a great technique, but first you need to know what's important to your prospect. You have to get to the root of his buying decision. In other words, if the prospect being sold to in the quote was motivated by outdoing his older brother, then the story would change... Instead of arriving home to see his neighbors turning their heads to look at him, you would have him driving to a family function to see his brother's head turn.

Figuring out the buying motivation before the word picture enables you to know what picture to put your prospect in, with great detail. - by Coda1108
Thank you for the feedback Coda1108. - by Milton
You're very welcome, Milton... and good luck!! - by Coda1108
Is this a common sales technqiue?
This is a great sales technique for getting the prospect to mentally own the product. Once they own it mentally they're on their way to owning it physically. - by BossMan
I like to use this technique on myself. For instance, I've been imagining myself delivering my brochures to the entire town. I do this to motivate myself and it helps. - by ozzie
I like to use this technique on myself. For instance, I've been imagining myself delivering my brochures to the entire town. I do this to motivate myself and it helps.
Creative visualization has been a tool of success for many of the worlds greatest achievers. ;co - by MagicMan
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.