Home > Customer Service > Customer Service: Personalized Gift Ideas?

Customer Service: Personalized Gift Ideas?

Another thread in this section prompted this question. What are some of the best gifts that you received as a home buyer (or gave as a realtor)? Our realtor knew that I wanted very badly to be in my new home by the 4th of July that year... we wanted to do a barbeque for the family. After the closing (June 26!) we received a gift of a really great barbeque cookbook. The thoughtfulness of a specialized gift was appreciated. - by destiny
When we bought our house the realtor sent us a basket of fruit. It's the thought that counts right? - by Vince
When we bought our house the realtor sent us a basket of fruit. It's the thought that counts right?
I have purchased several properties from different agents and haven't once received a gift. That's not a complaint just my experience. - by SpeedRacer
When we bought our house the realtor sent us a basket of fruit. It's the thought that counts right?
Been there. Done that. ;bg - by Gilbert
I got an ice bucket with tongs. Just needed the champagne! When I was selling jets, I had a Tiffany key chain that was a sterling silver airplane. Always sent one after the sale.

Susan - by susana
When I was selling jets, I had a Tiffany key chain that was a sterling silver airplane. Always sent one after the sale.
Very classy. ;co Do you have any ideas on classy gifts Realtors can give home buyers? - by realtor
How about a gift basket full of things the city is known for? In Pittsburgh (whre I live) it could be pastas from the Italian section of the city, something for sports (terrible towel), a bottle of wine from a local vineyard.

Susan - by susana
How about a gift basket full of things the city is known for? In Pittsburgh (whre I live) it could be pastas from the Italian section of the city, something for sports (terrible towel), a bottle of wine from a local vineyard.

Susan
Terrific idea Susan. :thu - by realtor
While looking at the many, many houses our realtor showed us before we finally made our purchase, we realized we both liked red wine. We even got into what types we liked, etc.

When we finally closed on the house we bought, our realtor brought us a bottle of HIS favorite red wine. He said he thought I might like it, based on the other types I drink.

He was right, and it was a very thoughtful gift. When we sold our house (he also represented us as sellers), I returned the favor and bought him a bottle. - by Coda1108
When ever I've purchased property, the agent has never even thanked me for the business, let alone given me a gift. That's obviously a local issue in the UK and thankfully is not mirrored in your part of the world.

I sold cars in the past and the gifts customers always seemed to appreciate the most, were the ones that were personal to them. It might just have been a pack of golf balls (if I knew they played) or a bottle of wine (if I knew their preference) or even a CD for a particular artist (again if I knew that they liked the artist).
We went through a period of giving a bouquet of flowers with every sale, but it wasn't as well received as the personalised gifts. - by marky
I'm in a handphone business. It's our style to give discount cards and handphone accessories for our regular customers. That's what keeps them coming back to our shop. - by shinningstar
Guarantees « Prev | Next » Thank You Gift
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.