Home > Sales Promotion > Free Vacations

Free Vacations

Could free vacations be a good way to get new customers?

I use them to get new visitors to my web site.

Give me some ideas, I want to see if I can help some
floundering realtor friends in my home town. - by Karen Sargent
Could free vacations be a good way to get new customers?
Do you have an example of how this would be used? - by AZBroker
Do you have an example of how this would be used?
Well I was hoping to brainstorm with some of you realtors but here's how
I and others use them in other industries.

Since 80% of my marketing is done on my web site (the other 20% is done
over the telephone) I want people to look at my web site so I offer them a
free vacation for taking a tour. (I know when they have after they fill
in the "Get More Info" page). Car salesmen have used the free gift incentive to get sales by a certain date - A locally owned furniture store gave away one free vacation every hour on Grand Opening day.

I have not discussed the possibilities with realtors yet but as I am typing
this, I'm thinking maybe a similar campaign could be used during Open House.

Or in your personal advertising state that you're the realtor that sends your customers on vacation. "You get a free vacation when you list with me" "Free Vacation when you let me show you a home"

It's so inexpensive to offer, you can give them away to everyone who looks at a house. People love free offers.

The realtors in the office may want to go in on a package.

I would appreciate your comments about the specific advertising needs for
realtors.

I hope I stirred your creativity. - by Karen Sargent
It's so inexpensive to offer, you can give them away to everyone who looks at a house. People love free offers.
I'm curious to find out how a free vacation can be inexpensive. Realtors must show at least ten houses a week... How can you afford to give away vacations to everyone who you show a house. Also, I imagine there are many people who would look at a home even though they're not interested in buying just to get a free vacation. That works fine for a timeshare seller, because they force the people to sit through a two-hour sales pitch, AND the vacation is on their property, so there are very few hard costs.

But I'm still curious to know what type of vacation you can give away to someone just for showing them a house. - by Coda1108
I'm curious too. What kind of vacations and what would be the costs? - by AZBroker
I'm curious to find out how a free vacation can be inexpensive. Realtors must show at least ten houses a week... How can you afford to give away vacations to everyone who you show a house. Also, I imagine there are many people who would look at a home even though they're not interested in buying just to get a free vacation. That works fine for a timeshare seller, because they force the people to sit through a two-hour sales pitch, AND the vacation is on their property, so there are very few hard costs.

But I'm still curious to know what type of vacation you can give away to someone just for showing them a house.
Coda and AZ Broker,

Firstly let me emphasize that this is NOT Timeshare.

The vacations are for popular hotel stays in places like Gatlinburg, TN
Las Vegas, NV, Orlando, FL. etc.

My company markets wholesale travel packages. When you purchase a
travel package, you have access to unlimited vouchers for 3 day, 2 night
get away vacations at a variety of hotels and resorts. These are transferable to anyone you want to give them to.

The hotels, resorts and cruise ships that contract with our company
to offer these deals, do so to help keep their occupancy up and keep good
word of mouth advertising going around through satisfied visitors.

There's alot more to write in answer to your questions but I'm trying to be
very careful not to write an advertisement and get in trouble with Jeff :-)

You can find out more on my web site.

Coda, I think the numbers of people who will spend the time to look at a
house just to get a free vacation will be very few - I think most people are too busy. But I do think it could be an effective way to get someone to choose you instead of the other 200+ realtors in your town.

What do you think?

Thanks for the great questions!!!

Karen - by Karen Sargent
But I do think it could be an effective way to get someone to choose you instead of the other 200+ realtors in your town.

What do you think?
I think you're right about the value as an incentive. FYI, many States have rules and regulations about the use of "incentives" in the business of real estate. - by AZBroker
FYI, many States have rules and regulations about the use of "incentives" in the business of real estate.
I'm glad to know that, I'll investigate that further before
I recommend this idea to my friends here in Florida.

Happy, Happy Wednesday;yho - by Karen Sargent
Karen can you post some examples of packages and prices? - by AZBroker
Karen can you post some examples of packages and prices?
AZBroker,

I think that could be a violation of forum policies to list it
all here but I would love for you to vistit my web site for that information.
(See signature below - once you're there, click on "FunTravel")

If you will send me an email from my site after you've toured
it, I will send your coupon to get your Free Get-way Vacation;sm

I was chatting with a WAHM Realtor yesterday about this and
we came up with the idea that all the folks in her office could
buy a package together then everyone would have access to
the unlimited Get-Away Vacations.

There is so much information because there is so much
value in the packages and I want you to see all the possibilities
so please don't hesitate to call or email me your questions.

Happy, Happy Thursday!
Karen - by Karen Sargent
Karen I looked briefly at your website and it looks like you pay for a package + port fees + taxes. Is that right? - by AZBroker
Karen I looked briefly at your website and it looks like you pay for a package + port fees + taxes. Is that right?
A one-time package purchase, for life, for unlimited cruises (Level II package) that are transferrable then the user pays port fees and taxes only. Sweet! Huh? - by Karen Sargent
What's the catch Karen? Is this like a timeshare where the buyers rarely use the system or what because the cruise companies can't be making a profit selling unlimited cruises for life for a couple thousand dollars... can they? - by AZBroker
What's the catch Karen? Is this like a timeshare where the buyers rarely use the system or what because the cruise companies can't be making a profit selling unlimited cruises for life for a couple thousand dollars... can they?
I can understand your skepticism but what I have come to learn is that this arrangement between Coastal Vacations and the cruise companies, Timeshare resorts, hotels etc. actually makes them money they otherwise would not get. Here's how it's explained in our company Profile:

There are many companies out there such as
Carnival Cruise, Time Share resorts and

etc..... These companies have to pay room tax whether there is someone occupying that

room or not. However, if there is someone in the room, that customer is paying for the room tax

and therefore the company does not. So they work with Coastal Vacations and give

complimentary vacations in our packages with the understanding that they only ask the customer
using the vacation to pay the taxes and port fees (for cruises). Not to mention that word of mouth
advertising is the best form of advertising on the planet. If you take a Carnival Cruise and have a
wonderful time, who are you going to tell? Everyone! That is word of mouth advertising. The more
people they have that attend their facility or cruise the more advertising they have, and the more
trips that get booked. It is a win, win situation for us all. We save, the travel companies save and
best of all we get to take vacations for pennies on the dollar.

Another advantage to the cruise companies I've learned is that they are counting on vacationers spending money on things such as gambling, the bar, gifts shops and so they don't lose a penny
giving away the rooms and the boat ride (which are there
anyway) when they can fill capacity with folks who are going to
come onboard and probably spend money.

There's really no catch. Coastal has been in this business for 26 years and has offered these packages for 13.

As for the buyers using the vacations, we would be foolish not to. Read what my Team Leader has to say.

I decided to take a vacation to the Northwest Georgia Mountains in June 2006. I have a large
family so a hotel room was out of the question. We needed a cabin or a chalet. So I used my
Coastal Package and was able to stay at a timeshare resort for a whole week in a three bedroom,
2 bath chalet in the mountains on a golf course with a view that was absolutely amazing for
$267.00. I checked with the office and found out that only timeshare holders could attend this
facility. They have to not only buy the timeshare but they would have paid a maintenance fee of
$300 for the same week. Not only did I not have to buy the timeshare I did not have any other
fees associated with my week but the $267.00. My family can.t wait for out next trip...
Wendy . North Carolina

If you will let me conference you in to a call on Wednesday night, you can talk to Wendy yourself and you will hear a bunch of other happy pacakage owners and can ask them about their travel experiences with the Coastal discounts.

;co Karen

- by Karen Sargent
Thank you for posting that Karen. I am going to pass your information along to an associate who goes on cruises all the time. - by AZBroker
;tks And I Thank YOU AZBroker! - by Karen Sargent
Karen,
This thread is very interesting! My mentor when I still worked in the corporate world is a self-professed "Cruise-a-holic."

I'll send your website to her next week.

Thanks for sharing all the information.

Also... yes, indeed this is a valuable incentive to show houses. Great strategy! - by Coda1108
Coda1108,

You'll do your friend a great favor telling her about Coastal
Vacations and I'll be sort of happy with you too if she becomes my
customer :thu

You might want to tell her about it asap because she could
have alot of fun giving away cruises as Christmas or Hanukkah
presents and I would want to get her the full instructions on how
to get those extra vouchers in time.

This discussion has really helped me to formulate a promotion
to realtors. I'm going to suggest that they offer a free vacation after viewing 3 houses (because you can't make a decision after seeing just one - and this option should cut down on the freeloaders too) and a cruise for a new listing.

What do you think about that AZBroker?

Coda1108 - are you retired now or just out of the corporate
world and into reality again?;bg

Thanks for your participation in this discussion.

Karen - by Karen Sargent
What do you think about that AZBroker?
I prefer the idea of giving away a free vacation at successful close of escrow over giving away a free vacation after showing three homes. - by AZBroker
Karen,

Look you need to toughen up, your not in the business of giving things away, which can become a slippery road, stop and think, get yourself OUTSIDE meeting and asking people questions, such as "Are you moving, selling, getting ready to fly away", No, fine, ""Well then who do you know who's thinking of moving and selling" etc, get that eager to please look on your face as in Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz. Get yourself a table top and put it up in your local shopping mall with a sign that says
Karen says Your Home, Our Future
Karen says We'll have a Welcome waiting. Karen knows there's A Lovely Key Waiting For Every Lock
Karens Noted for: Service You Deserve. Someone You Can Trust
I
n other words your going to become a canvasser. To fox your own pysche tell yourself your running for Office, the Office of the Best Real Estate Sales Person in town. Repeat after me You are the best sales person in town.

Giveaways: Make it personal. Mr Mrs Great Joy to All, I have really enjoyed dealing with you, I'm honoured you granted me your business, as you can appreciate Real Estate can be difficult, it can be soul destroying, but THANKS TO YOU, I earned my BROWNIE BADGE THIS WEEK, thanks to you I showed them at the Office, [including the Wicked Witch of the West] so, I've bought you this little THOUGHFUL GIFT as a token of my GRATITUDE, and give it to them, If you give them an holiday the ungrateful swines say; Well, she could afford it, just think HOW MUCH SHE MADE OUT OF US???? You see you exposed your veins [by giving them a gift] for a knife-thrust to the ribs.
My regards Incidentally. - by Incidentally
Incidentally,

Thank you for your thoughful post. I feel your energy!

My product is wholesale vacations and many business
professionals use them as sales incentives.

I love your idea about giving a gift to thank them for their business.

As for a vacation or cruise giveaway making the customer bitter - quite the contrary. This gift typically builds a confidence that the
agent is so good at what they do that they have the success to offer such a gift.

Welcome to the forum;wlcm

Karen - by Karen Sargent
Karen,

Looked in on your website, sorry, but something smells, I'm sceptical, in life you have winners and losers, you don't have Golden Opportunitys for average Joes, women earning big bucks with jobs that allow them to stay home and mind the children.
Even worse your firm says you can earn $1000 to $9000 on just one deal, so you must be selling lifetime memberships at a juicy [high] price.

I know your lovely, I know your genuine, you pray daily, worship others, take a shower even if you don't need one, but you've missed out the nitty-gritty, the who wins and who loses bit, and as PROFESSIONAL salesmen we don't want to know.
Or lets put it another way, include me out. Poor deals get us all a bad name. - by Incidentally
Karen,

Looked in on your website, sorry, but something smells, I'm sceptical, in life you have winners and losers, you don't have Golden Opportunitys for average Joes, women earning big bucks with jobs that allow them to stay home and mind the children..
Sorry you feel that way but you state as fact something that
I can easily prove to be the contrary.

. . .Poor deals get us all a bad name.
You need more information before you make such broad assumptions and accusations but I appreciate your wisdom to
be skeptical. Sounds like you could use a break in life!!! Couldn't we all.

Best Regards,
Karen - by Karen Sargent
Coda1108 - are you retired now or just out of the corporate
world and into reality again?;bg
Not retired, Karen. Just decided a little over 5 years ago to leave the corporate politics behind and start up my own venture. It's been quite an experience, both good and bad, but one I wouldn't trade for anything.

- Coda - by Coda1108
Thank You Karen for your kind comments and spirited defence of your Free Holiday Promotion. Obviously I have heard of corporate gifts and promotions, but have not heard of companies "recruiting staff to offer and sell these items". Could it be that these MARKS* are being offered your goods in order to entice them into buying a Timeshare Offeror, or a "You can have this cruise cabin for 2 weeks each year, for Life", promotion. In other words your freebie is a loss leader to "get them to a timeshare develpment, and unwittingly into a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE, sales pitch?

Years ago I once had the idea that car showrooms / dealerships, should have a glass case stuffied with freebies, which was used as a closing tool along the lines of; "O I forgot to mention it, have you any children? [Ans 2 - Reply: good] I tell you why I ask we recently did a promotion with United Campsites and were giving away some quite nice family size tents and camping gear to every one who bought a Ford Primera, we still have some left? [now close them] I never went ahead with this and forgot all about it.

You'll notice I introduce it as "an afterthought", when its obvious its a planned promtion or scheme, clients minds go into a calculating and tabulating mode; Just remember clients can be quite cute, clever, calculating and LIARS. So the O I forget to mention it phrase goes down quite well. If you study clients many want something for nothing thrown in, so keep a few HIDDEN BONES in your sales cupboard.
*I hate this expression MARKS. But it does have a long history, and it does convey what we do for a living, we look for a mark, and sign him up. Con men are known for seeking a mark. See the biography of Yellow Kid Weill, Chicago, probably the worlds best ever con-man. - by Incidentally
Incidentally,

None of the above applies to this thread.

Karen - by Karen Sargent
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.