Home > Public Relations > avant garde publicity ideas?

avant garde publicity ideas?

i want my company to be a new and cool..and i want to publicize it in a fun way.
how can i let clothing stores know about me.?

maybe somethings i can send them thru the mail?

lets brainstorm guys! and help each other out! - by rox2006
Hey Rox,
How about if you pick out some really cool, funky buttons, and mail them to stores with a note that says something like "If you think it's unique to mail you a funky button, you should see my clothes."

Very important though is to follow this up with a phone call about a week to a week and a half after you mail. Many people will receive the mail and like the idea, but may get distracted and not call you. The phone call, however will be easy.... "Hi, it's Rox. You know, the one who mailed you a button!"

-- by the way, I "borrowed" this idea from a good friend of mine who used to be a music promoter. She didn't have a very large budget, so she used it to buy ingredients to bake cookies. When she sent music out to radio stations, she'd always include a few home-made cookies. When she called, everyone knew who she was. - by Coda1108
Great idea about the buttons Coda1108. ;co - by AZBroker
Thanks, AZB. - by Coda1108
cookies and buttons are always smart tools in advertising.
i have a friend that has a button maker.

i might just use this idea.:lo - by rox2006
i want my company to be a new and cool..and i want to publicize it in a fun way.

lets brainstorm guys! and help each other out!
You might send them a few pictures of some of your clothing so they have an idea of what you have to offer. I also like the button idea. ;sm - by ozzie
Hi Rox.

Your asking a million dollar question and want nickel and dime answers. Lets sit down and agree your new, have no sales cred, your unheard off, your gear might be flash-in-the-pan, and 12 months from now, you might be a phone disconnected has-been. So lets twist this, make out a list of 10 big fashion buyers, ring them, get the name of the buyer [the main man][the king-pin] and go and see them for a sales chat, tell them your dreams, hopes and aspirations, admit your knew and lack cred, and ask outright will they allow you 30 minutes of their time at a future date for you to do a presentation, now HERES THE SWITCH:

Walk them through the woods hand in hand with this sales pitch, then say in your best Mary Poppins Voice, Mr Dumbkovski, its obvious to me that you are a very busy and successful man, that people like me are ringing you every day with this type of proposition, NOW IT OCCURS TO ME that just maybe when I call you'll be away big game shooting in Africa, so could I be allowed to make the presentation to your number 1 assistant, your faithful sidekick and PA, and will you tell her if she likes my gear to place a TRIAL ORDER. And will you leave it up to her and me to sort out.
*You see Dumbkovski ain't dumb, he wasn't going to keep the 2nd appoinment, so you've outsmarted him. Not only that he'll always remember the big games shooting in Africa bit, when he phones [unlikely] say O' when we never heard from you I thought you had shot yourself. [lAUGH]

[Switch 2] Pull out your gear and hit him with it. [Lets call this the death wish 2 scene] or [Switch 3] Take an hotel room and invite all the neighbourhood buyers. [4] Down the road the fashion trade show and trade stand route beckons. - by Incidentally

lets brainstorm guys! and help each other out!
Tell me what you do and what you are trying to market this is something I would need ot know before I could come up with ideas for you.

MP
Advertising Executive - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.