Home > Marketing > Pricing To Sell

Pricing To Sell

We sell pre-owned manufactured homes/ mobile homes. When deciding on what price to start with the question almost always comes up of whether to start with a higher price or to price at market value.

Any suggestions? - by WobblyBox
IMO, "Pricing" has everything to do with "Perceived Value." The concepts of "high" and "low" are relative terms.

With that said, it's hard to overpay for something you really want. ;) - by SalesGuy
I agree... it's all about value.

If the buyer doesn't see the value then the price is always too high. ;) - by Gilbert
When deciding on what price to start with the question almost always comes up of whether to start with a higher price or to price at market value.

Any suggestions?
IMO, you would start with a higher price. The price that you would be able to get under the perfect scenario, so that it is not so high that it is impossible, but more to the upper end. Mainly because once you start negotiating on price you can always lower it, but you can't raise it.;) - by Doc MC
IMO, you would start with a higher price. The price that you would be able to get under the perfect scenario, so that it is not so high that it is impossible, but more to the upper end.
Great advice Doc MC. - by WobblyBox
I normally go from the lowest investment option (I don't use price or fee. Buyers invest in their own futures), and as buyers read the higher options and the higher value acquired, they tend to migrate higher. And I don't give out the price until buyer stipulate every aspect of improvement my service makes on their companies.

There is virtually no resistance. Althoug I have a very good and very automated prospecting/qualification system in place, so prospects are pretty ready to buy.

Cheers

Bald Dog
SMS Consulting Group - by Bald Dog
Welcome Bald Dog! I took a peak at your home page and I just had to copy and paste your lead in...."Do you love what you do but adamantly hate, wholeheartedly loath and passionately resent traditional ugly, filthy, stinky, dirty and sweaty manual labour prospecting slavery?"
First of all, I laughed out loud at your imagery...(do you think you were strong enough?? :rolleyes: ) Secondly, I was inpired by the power of it to the point that I am re-evaluating my own marketing materials for impact. Thanks!:) - by RainMaker
That's the key. I could say that's the bee's knees, the wasp's nipples and the centipede's centrepiece all rolled into one.

Paint a good picture with your words. Let people visualise the problems they have. Just make sure you start with the problem and then comes the solution.

Remember, when I read about the problem, it is mine. The solution is yours. I want to read about my stuff. Help me to understand that I have a big hairy problem. Then I will be open to your solution without scepticism and objections.

It seems to work nicely. Every week some 50 people request the report and come on the permission email list. So, we have a constantly growing warm market.

Cheers

Bald Dog, SMS Consulting Group - by Bald Dog
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.