Home > Approach > Matching Clients Perceptions:

Matching Clients Perceptions:

One of the difficulties we have is learning what really matters to clients. Few Managers ever sit down and speak to their clients and try to find out what they think and what they want. This is my own list of the top 4 clients great-expectations issues:

Listening to clients

Delivering value

Giving clients straight answers

Being available [Being prompt, attentive and timely]

You could argue that a sales rep needs to possess these qualities, needs to practice them and needs to put in place measures to see that his/ her performances and promises deliver them. - by Incidentally
You could argue that a sales rep needs to possess these qualities, needs to practice them and needs to put in place measures to see that his/ her performances and promises deliver them.
Those are good points Bob. I doubt anyone would think otherwise. ;sm - by Houston
I also find all that important after they'v first indicated they want to pursue what I offer - then we see if there's a reason to do business and if mutual conditions of satisfaction can be achieved.

MitchM - by MitchM
If you wish to succeed in sales you need to write down what, in an ideal world clients want, what they expect, what gets them mad, and what actions on your part could result in a complaint, or cancellation of the order.

A problem we have in sales is that it attracts a lot of people who are not cut out to be salesmen, these result in men and women who are planning on leaving their current employer, if this is the case you occasionally find they blame the employer for their lack of success - so they reason he/they owes him something. So, in practice they steal something, do something unexpected or naughty, or more often than not take it out on the firm by telling clients lies [misrepresentation] just to get the order and obtain the commission, because they know by the time they'll be discovered, they will be long gone with the commission cheque in their pockets. So if its youre firm always withold the final commission cheque to give you time to check the orders produced and handed in. - by Incidentally
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.