Home > Marketing > Classic Sales Arguments. Basis.

Classic Sales Arguments. Basis.

The buyer needs to be convinced of the personal good character of the vendor, and the vendor’s sales representative.

The buyer’s needs to be convinced of the vendors proof of value, durabilty or quality.

The vendors sales arguments must be credible.

Many buyers have great practical knowledge and wisdom. If the buyer believes that the sales representative is misleading him, then all credibility disappears, and so will the order.

All successful sales people must present their case based upon a few key themes, which they have determined to be at the heart of their client's purchasing decision.

These themes should be supported by the quality of the goods, or services offered.

It is impossible to select winning themes for your presentation without ensuring that they are consistent with the buyers inner beliefs or trading instincts.

Obtaining an order is not everything, but it is the foundation for all of the things which must be achieved - by Incidentally
I am beginning to see that one theme my buyers seem to have in common is the desire to talk to someone...me......when I deliver a brochure or order. These are mostly the women who stay at home during the day. So far, because I'm more than willing to spend some time with them, they are buying. However, I hope to get more customers and won't be able to continue to spend so much time with each one. I can see how my "theme" might become different than my customers at that point. - by ozzie
I am beginning to see that one theme my buyers seem to have in common is the desire to talk to someone...me......when I deliver a brochure or order.
That would be a part of that kind of sales that I'm afraid I wouldn't do too well with. I'm afraid my mind is always racing ahead to the rest of what I have to do and sitting down to chat more than the regular niceties probably wouldn't be my cuppa. - by destiny
"The buyer needs to be convinced of the personal good character of the vendor, and the vendor’s sales representative." -- first post quote

First I need to be convinced that the potential buyer has the kind of character and trust I want to do business with - then we have a conversation.

MitchM - by MitchM
Please pardon my ignorance, I'm learning... but what do you mean by "theme" - by dlsimms
Please pardon my ignorance, I'm learning... but what do you mean by "theme"
In the context of this discussion working a "theme" is the same as working an "angle". I can give you an example if you'd like. - by SalesGuy
That would be a part of that kind of sales that I'm afraid I wouldn't do too well with. I'm afraid my mind is always racing ahead to the rest of what I have to do and sitting down to chat more than the regular niceties probably wouldn't be my cuppa.
I'm doing pretty well with it and I believe that is because I chose to sell Avon so that I would get out of the house and deal with people again instead of sitting in front of the computer so much. It's been helping me a lot to visit with my friends and neighbors on a regular basis. - by ozzie
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.