Home > Marketing > Success Or Failure: The Difference

Success Or Failure: The Difference

Its Sunday evening here, cold, rainy and typical English weather. I'm sat near the fire and in between nodding off I got to thinking about how can I illustrate for you all the difference between Success and Failure in sales.

It occurred to me that on this forum we appear to have a large number of Real Estate Agents. So for them I 'm throwing this Xmas present sales idea over the Atlantic WWWweb, for them to consider and perhaps use? [idea]>

To be sucessful you must be original, different and noticeable in some distinctive way. It occurs to me that in the USA every day there is thousands of Estate Agents Open Houses, so many in fact that some agents have open house tours. I understand that in some cities there can be as many as 2000 open houses every weekend.

So to be different, to be noticed I would suggest that you call your Open Houses -A SNEAK PREVIEW. You can imagine how much better it sounds, and how much better it reads in print, you and your RE brokerage are going to have a SNEAK PREVIEW OF A PROPERTY, it sounds like a great invitation to me. And it also illustrates what sales is all about, in short ONE UPMANSHIP.

Well there it is, I hope Houston, AZ Broker and Thomas [whomsoever] can use it, and hope it brings you an extra 12 orders this coming year. Bob

*This idea is original to me, I thought of it today Dec 17 2006, feel free to use it if you wish. - by Incidentally
To be sucessful you must be original, different and noticeable in some distinctive way.
I agree, differentiation is important.

So to be different, to be noticed I would suggest that you call your Open Houses -A SNEAK PREVIEW. You can imagine how much better it sounds, and how much better it reads in print, you and your RE brokerage are going to have a SNEAK PREVIEW OF A PROPERTY, it sounds like a great invitation to me. And it also illustrates what sales is all about, in short ONE UPMANSHIP.
This is creative and it is different however I don't see it flying with consumers. "Sneak Preview" in the US has a strong association with cinema and "Open House" has a strong association with realty. - by AZBroker
If you phone a clients and tell them we are having an Open House this weekend on this property, does it sound like a big deal or concession?

Yet, if you ring the client and say "Look I know its for you, it might be your dream house, can I suggest we arrange a sneak preview for you only [ implying they get to see it first] then how much better and more inviting does this sound? - by Incidentally
To be sucessful you must be original, different and noticeable in some distinctive way.
I'm all for being original, different and noticeable. ;co

Yet, if you ring the client and say "Look I know its for you, it might be your dream house, can I suggest we arrange a sneak preview for you only [ implying they get to see it first] then how much better and more inviting does this sound?
That is very close to what I would say to a customer when scheduling a regular showing "open house" or otherwise. - by Houston
I'm reading up on real estate, todays required reading was about brokers re-listing a house thats not moving, in order to suggest to brokers thats its new and just arrived on the market. It says some brokers re-photograph it, use different pictures, photograph other rooms and use fresh angles, etc. We don't have MLS in the UK. My reading source was the NY Times property pages and articles. Its amazing how much sales news you get over there. If I display any ignorance on real estate - its a cultural thing. I fancy spending some time in NY, even if its only selling property leads. Failing that I'm Alabama bound.

Bob - by Incidentally
I'm reading up on real estate, todays required reading was about brokers re-listing a house thats not moving, in order to suggest to brokers thats its new and just arrived on the market.
That trick doesn't work as good as it used to. ;wi

Our MLS now tracks not only the "Agent Days on Market" but also the "Cumulative Days on Market". ;om - by AZBroker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.