Home > Closing > Close Early and Often

Close Early and Often

Just curious... Close early and often? What does that mean to "you"? - by SpeedRacer
Just curious... Close early and often? What does that mean to "you"?
Besides the obvious, I interpret that to mean, "always be closing." Develop a mind set where you are always looking for ways to solidify the decision in the prospects mind. - by Frankie
Besides the obvious, I interpret that to mean, "always be closing." Develop a mind set where you are always looking for ways to solidify the decision in the prospects mind.
My thoughts exactly. ;) - by WobblyBox
I agree with the above posts. But for me to answer the original question within the context of that which I am licensed to teach, it would be: It is important to sell as much as you can as quickly as you can.

In all fairness, that doesn't conflict with what Frankie said. I'm just coming from a different place.

An example from personal experience. Many years ago I joined a company that had about 28 salespeople. I got off to a slow start which was very discouraging. I worked hard at it, worked my own system, and in about two years became the leading salesperson in that company. I wrote an inordinate amount of sales--more in a given year than the entire rest of the sales force combined! But!!- I never recovered politically within that company. I could never get the support of management because of the enormous power of first impressions. I made good money--but I found myself in a zero growth situation. I left the company, of course. The point is we cannot control how others see us. But we can position ourselves to not be vulnerable.

ABC--the "always be closing" rule is a positioning tool for that purpose. - by Gary Boye
ABC--the "always be closing" rule is a positioning tool for that purpose.
Huh? You lost me. :confused: - by WobblyBox
I interpret that to mean close early... right up front, and often... throughout the presentation as the situation dictates. - by Jolly Roger

Close often and start at the beginning of the sales process to test the waters. Keep testing so that you don't talk your way out of a sale. A lot of people just don't know when to stop. - by EXP Creative
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.