Home > Management > Recruiting Tips

Recruiting Tips

Does anyone have any tips on recruiting commission sales reps for outside sales? - by Prospector
Are you looking for an effective way to get applicants? - by RainMaker
Are you looking for an effective way to get applicants?
Yes. Advertising in the newspaper is about all I could come up with and that hasn't ever been too productive. :( - by Prospector
Monster .com has brought me a MUCH better response than a newspaper ad. Here's a couple tips: 1) Don't follow the online sign-up, instead, call 1-800-MONSTER and speak to a rep and you will get a better deal and access to current specials that are not advertised on the site. 2). The rep told me their busiest day is Monday. Your post will be near the top of the list the day it is posted. Try to time it near Monday. - by RainMaker
Thanks for the tips. What can a person expect to pay for an employment ad on Monster.com? - by Prospector
The standard price is $360 for a 60-day ad. (although I imagine the bulk of activity will come in the first few days) I just caught the end of their "march madness sale" where I paid $585 for 2 ads plus 2-week access to their resume service (where you get to access their resume database in a given zip for up to 2 weeks and up to 250 views). The first ad is working great. The resume service hasn't generated a thing and is too much work. I am finding it is much more time affective to let interested applicants come to you than try to "solicit" their application by contacting them first. Also I am paying net 60--which I thought was a great feature. Also, I've found the customer service is very good, as well. - by RainMaker
Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it. :) - by Prospector
Good luck! - by RainMaker
Hey, don't know if you tried Monster, but I also wanted to say that I have gotten very good service from my rep, Stephanie (ext. 2083) and would recommend her to anyone trying Monster.com - by RainMaker
Hey, don't know if you tried Monster, but I also wanted to say that I have gotten very good service from my rep, Stephanie (ext. 2083) and would recommend her to anyone trying Monster.com
Rainmaker, it sounds like the service was great. How about the candidates? Did a lot of canditates respond? Where the candidates of high quality? - by Newbie
Yes, I would say I received a good amount of candidates. The qualifications were mixed. To my surprise I received more over-qualified than under-qualified (which is still not helpful), but I managed to pull a few good ones out of the crowd. In fairness, my position is straight-commission based, and that limits my field. I am still interviewing. I'll let you know how they panned out. - by RainMaker
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.