Home > Closing > Always Be Closing

Always Be Closing

One of the guys in the office who thinks he knows everything about selling keeps saying 'ABC - always be closing'. It sounds very basic but I don't want to ask and give him the satisfaction. Is there more to 'always be closing' that I need to know about? - by Community Mailbox
When I started in sales (1986--I'm dating myself!), the training I received from Pitney Bowes was along the lines of ABC. It's a lot to explain in a small space, but it's thinking of every aspect of the sales call as an opportunity to close. That's an over simplification. A few years later, I took PSS (Persuasive Selling Skills) and after that consultative selling became the flavor of the month.

I think prospects have become too sophisticated for the ABC method.

The guy in your office may have been trained this way, or he may just be making the point to always be thinking about closing. You should ask him.

Hope this helps

Susan - by susana
To be honest....it can mean whatever it would mean TO YOU from YOUR life experiences. One thing I have seen as a common mistake of people...is taking other people's advice LITERALLY...BIG mistake.

I have found th