Home > Prospecting > sacred hours

sacred hours

do you block out certain times of the business day to not call prospects?
first/last thing, lunch, etc?

I think lunch calling is a bit rude, isn't it? first thing in the morning can be harsh - same with last thing in the day. so what do You do/recommend? what hours do you suggest? - by PRO-Crastinator
IMO, the best time to call will depend on the industry. For instance the best time to call on a private seller of real estate might be after 6:00 p.m. yet the best time to call on the owner of a bakery might be before 6:00 a.m. - by AZBroker
I think lunch calling is a bit rude, isn't it? first thing in the morning can be harsh - same with last thing in the day.
Are you basing this on personal experience? What are standard calling hours for your industry? - by SalesGuy
I ask each of my customers and prospective customers when would be a good time to call them. I have one customer who babysits for several small children. She doesn't want me to call or ring her doorbell in the afternoons because the kids are taking naps. - by ozzie
i rarely do cold calling.

but any phone calls i have to do during the day, i do it monday to friday, between noon and 5pm. - by rox2006
You have to watch out for the procrastination creeping in here; starting with; "I better not call first thing, he's only just in", then, well he'll be probably in his morning sales meeting now" to "He'll probably be going to lunch I'll call him after lunch" to "if he's back from lunch, he'll be busy" to "Its 5pm bit rude to call as he's going home, I'll try him tomorrow!"

Before you know it, the whole day has gone.

My advice? Just dial. I make calls from 07.30am through the day. No problems.thmbp2; - by Julian
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.