Home > Personal Development > Which is more imporant, attitude or selling techniques?

Which is more imporant, attitude or selling techniques?

I have my own opinion on this and wondered how others felt. Which do you believe is more important when selling, attitude or techniques? - by AZBroker
Attitude... no question about it. - by Liberty
The main reason for this being that attitude is linked to human decision, which implies that there is ALWAYS the ability to improvise and ADAPT to changing times...while TECHNIQUE is inorganic in nature, and without the motivation of a human ATTITUDE to change it...it will never EVOLVE...and thus die out.;bg

AZ....I always love reading your threads....you ask some very thought provoking questions that have helped me greatly.

Thank you,
-David - by truesaxman
For sure:thu - by Tony Dunne
Sometimes new sales reps don't have good techniques but they do have good attitudes and they sell more than others with good techniques but bad attitudes. - by Marcus
I am of the same opinion, "Attitude" is the most imporant when selling. :thup - by AZBroker
Definately, attitude!

Techniques can be learned (appitude), but the attitude must be there for success.

Pam - by LadySmith
AZ....I always love reading your threads....you ask some very thought provoking questions that have helped me greatly.

Thank you,
-David
Thanks David. :thu - by AZBroker
They're equally important.

The techniques FLOW from the attitude; they can't be separated. It's like a carpenter with a shop full of tools that s/he doesn't know how to use, you know? If you don't have the right mind-set, it won't matter how many tools/techniques you have at your disposal.

Likewise, you could have the right mind-set and poor techniques in place.

One without the other, a top performance does not ensue. - by Terri
I think attitude is a huge factor in our ability to learn the proper techniques. As long as we are willing to learn, we can be successful. - by ozzie
They're equally important.

The techniques FLOW from the attitude; they can't be separated.
I respectfully disagree. Attitude and technique are not equally important in my opinion. Attitude wins the day. :thu - by Seth
I respectfully disagree. Attitude and technique are not equally important in my opinion. Attitude wins the day. :thu
I whole-heartedly agree with you Seth,
I believe that it boils down to the story of the chicken or the egg (so to speak!;st ). One cannot be linked to the other for (at least in my opinion) one is the "root" where the other cannot exist without it. Attitude is the foundation from which one's technique can be developed.....then mastered;wi .

Good call Seth!

-David - by truesaxman
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.