Home > Management > favorite management software?

favorite management software?

anyone using a certain software to manage their business?

i am looking for a great program to enter my products in, consignment agreements, etc etc..

any suggestions/price? - by rox2006
What would be an example of management software? - by AZBroker
anyone using a certain software to manage their business?

i am looking for a great program to enter my products in, consignment agreements, etc etc..

any suggestions/price?
are you talking about sales software (prospecting tracking and follow up) or some type of ecommerce system?

Susan - by susana
Have you checked the community sourcebook for a solution? - by AZBroker
For salestracking, etc. ACT is very good. I use it, but not to its full potential. That's bad on my part. For accounting, I use both QuickBooks and PeachTree. I use QuickBooks for my customers for whom I also handle financial administration, and only if they request it; I use PeachTree for my own company. Simply stated, QuickBooks will let you do just about anything... however, that's the problem! I've seen many small businesses use QuickBooks to do something they shouldn't be doing from an accounting standpoint. PeachTree won't LET you enter something that is not a proper transaction. Some people feel this makes it hard to use. This may be true in the short-term, but in the long-term, the books are much cleaner and defendable than if a user used QuickBooks improperly. - by Coda1108
For accounting, I use both QuickBooks and PeachTree. I use QuickBooks for my customers for whom I also handle financial administration, and only if they request it; I use PeachTree for my own company. Simply stated, QuickBooks will let you do just about anything... however, that's the problem! I've seen many small businesses use QuickBooks to do something they shouldn't be doing from an accounting standpoint. PeachTree won't LET you enter something that is not a proper transaction. Some people feel this makes it hard to use. This may be true in the short-term, but in the long-term, the books are much cleaner and defendable than if a user used QuickBooks improperly.
Hello, I'm new here - but as with any forum I'm a part of (only 2-3 including this one now) I HAD to search my industry, which happens to be QuickBooks; I am an Advanced Certified ProAdvisor...I can attest to Coda's comment above, QuickBooks will let you do anything you like - hence my business :yi. That being said, I like to try to be proactive and catch my customers on the front end and set them up and train them in order to save clean up and re-training on the back-end which is generally more costly. Obviously, my software of choice is....you guessed it, QuickBooks for finacial management. I also use Outlook for contact management, calendar, e-mail, and task-list. - by brandonmorris
We've been using Maximizer 9 and Maximizer 8 for about 2 years and it has served us well. The biggest challenge from a sales managers perspective is getting people to use it consistently. That goes for any software. - by mcrtdx
I am currently using Siebel which I do not really like at all it is not very intuitive and far from easy to use. At my last company we used Sales Force which I thought was a great product. If you are extremely computer savvy it is a bit limiting but for the every day user it is a great product. - by Channel_Guy
Acts is well known,
Also Maximiser - there are several different versions though.
Corskills is also a Access Database Based program that I find holds great information but is very comprehensive and depending on the size of your organisation may take a while to load and run reports. - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.