Home > Resistance > Which sales objection or stall do you hear the most?

Which sales objection or stall do you hear the most?

• We want to think about it.
  • I need to talk with my partner.
  • We want to shop around.
  • Your price is too high.
  • I am not interested.
  • Other
- by Community Mailbox
The choices above are related to each other. But if you're in civilized places people used to say "We want to shop around." It's an objection that shows respect inorder not to disappoint the other party. - by shinningstar
I voted for other because I often hear from my prospective customers that they don't use make-up. Sometimes they will listen long enough to learn that Avon sells a lot more than just make-up. I feel fortunate when that happens. ;sm - by ozzie
I think plain housewives seldom use make-ups. But teenagers nowadays are you're number one customers Ozzie. And most women who work in hospitality industry use make-up too. That's what makes your business great. - by shinningstar
Yes, the young girls really like the Avon Mark products. I really like Mark's newest fragrance, Sassy and bought a bottle for myself!

Older women seem to really be into Avon's skin care products. I've also sold older women a number of children's items for their grandchildren. ;sm - by ozzie
I voted for other because I often hear from my prospective customers that they don't use make-up. ;sm
"No Need" is a common sales objection especially when prosecting without filters. ;wi - by SalesGuy
"No Need" is a common sales objection especially when prosecting without filters. ;wi
I call on people selling their homes privately and get this one a lot. What kind of filter would help? - by Thomas
I call on people selling their homes privately and get this one a lot. What kind of filter would help?
In your case 'time on market' is an example of a filter. A seller whose home has not sold for the past six months has a higher probability of wanting your service than a seller whose home went up for sale yesterday. ;wi - by SalesGuy
people sell privately for one reason only- to avoid commissions. you need to demonstrate how with your market knowledge you can 1. obtain best price thus off-setting your fee. 2. introduce buyers from your pool. If a house is on the market - why? Are the vendors serious about moving? Have they found another property? If so then they could loose out if they can't find a buyer for thier home
How will they handle the chain?
Just some thoughts. - by Rod Gazzard
I choose the above.

The reason is I find the others irrelivant in my industry. It is more so a case of I would like to look over the proposal.

I feel as though if the objection or stall is counterattacked before it rears it's head though you won't need to worry about it as much. There are several posts and threads on here which are great in regards to avoiding objections and overcoming objections. Some feel as though they have the secret in their sales pattern that objections don't come up - I personally believe it better to be prepared and tackle them straight away - I find that through a process of elimination the customer will notice that the objection they may feel is an objection - isn't really one at all.

Good thought provoking post Jeff.

Thanks - by Snowboy
. Some feel as though they have the secret in their sales pattern that objections don't come up - I personally believe it better to be prepared and tackle them straight away...
By calling it a "secret" you are implying that it is not true or that you don't know how it could be true. However, how it is done was explained in considerable detail in another thread.

By declaring that your way is better, you imply that you have a basis for comparison.

Which is it? - by JacquesWerth
By calling it a "secret" you are implying that it is not true or that you don't know how it could be true. However, how it is done was explained in considerable detail in another thread.

By declaring that your way is better, you imply that you have a basis for comparison.

Which is it?
Not at all Jacques,
I thanked you for explaining the process of which it is you work through and I agreed throughly.

I meant it when I said it was a great post. I still feel as though I will always hit objections and handling them aright is the way I feel I will continue.

Whether this be the excuse for my poor sales tactic or the outcome of my own style I guess I will find out later.

All that I know is my style of selling has got me where it has today and I am happy with that. - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.