Home > Advertising > Do You Advertise On Your Vehicle?

Do You Advertise On Your Vehicle?

I've seen real estate agents with large photos of themselves on their vehicles, and there are lots of more subtle signs promoting business on vans and cars.

Do you have a unique approach for advertising with a vehicle? - by Ricardo
I don't advertise on my car but many of the agents here do. Some of the teams have fancy "wraps" but most just use magnetic signs. - by realtor
Is that the advertisement or self-branding?

Surya - by surya_seo2006
I believe that Avon has a magnet for placing on my car which I would like to do. My husband isn't too keen on the idea.....yet. I'll be working on him though. ;sm - by ozzie
I've seen real estate agents with large photos of themselves on their vehicles, and there are lots of more subtle signs promoting business on vans and cars.

Do you have a unique approach for advertising with a vehicle?
I work for a large swimming pool remodeling company. Only one of my five salesman has magnetic signs on their car/truck. Interestingly enough, he's one of our top salesman - though I'm certain its more than the magnets. However, when it comes to our fleet vehicles, we have signs on tailgates, equipment rigs, and vehicle doors, and there are about 10 construction vehicles that show up on any given job. Our signs are subtle, but clean, effective and obvious (white trucks with blue lettering). People know and recognize our name when it's mentioned.

The trick is to not be so gaudy and annoying with it. I'm not a fan of the huge and in your face wraps that are popular right now, but I'm sure it depends on your business and your market. We sell locally, and our market doesn't really like that kind of over-the-top marketing strategy. People like to buy from honest people who are willing to earn their business, and I think a picture of yourself on the side of your car is a little narcissistic...but that's just my opinion.

I think a good clean sign/logo and a phone # is a very professional look, and effective at getting your name out there. At the same time, it can be very detrimental to your business if you don't pull it off correctly...and if you cut someone off in traffic, they now have your phone #. - by kpm1976
Is that the advertisement or self-branding?

Surya
I think the idea is advertisement as well self-branding. It shows a unique strategy in business. And it's both effective. - by shinningstar
I think the examples that I've seen would probably be examples of advertising. - by Ricardo
I dont advertise on my car, but i put up my websites url on my t-shirts which i wear i a goto some local market or any carnival. - by mtajim
Advertising an "effective" message in a target rich environment works. T-shirts, magnetic signs, and everything else work to the extent that they follow this principle. - by Calvin

Keep in mind that people will associate your business with the places they see you name. You might want to have some rules about where you go in your vehicle if you put your name or picture on it. For example, you might not want to drive your vehicle to the bar if you have your company's advertising on it.

Without knowing what type of business you have, it is a bit difficult to suggest unique ideas to advertise it using any medium. For example, if you have a product or service that you can present in large group environments like fairs and parades, you might have a van or motorhome with sales or marketing presntations offered inside. and your company name and logo outside. - by rlabston
I have seen the LED license plate frames and like the idea of doing a little advertising but the car wrap is a bit too much. I remember my old broker had sticker all over his car. His son asked him not to pick him up in that car anymore because the other kids at school made fun of him. - by Jorel
I think the idea is advertisement as well self-branding. It shows a unique strategy in business. And it's both effective.
I agree - you need to have a point of difference to set you apart for the others. - by Snowboy
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.