Home > Prospecting > How to qualify sales Leads?

How to qualify sales Leads?

With the leads coming from different sources, it is the responsibility of the marketing department to qualify the prospect lists and send it to the sales department. Are there any tools (or) standards to qualify a lead? - by surya_seo2006
With the leads coming from different sources, it is the responsibility of the marketing department to qualify the prospect lists and send it to the sales department.
That depends on the role of the salesperson defined by the company. If the role of the salesperson is to work with company-generated sales ready prospects then it would be the marketing department's responsibility to qualify the prospects and deliver the leads to the sales department.

Are there any tools (or) standards to qualify a lead?
The standard I would qualify against is the company's profile of a qualified lead. What is below minimum standards to one company is a qualified lead to another. - by Gilbert
my thoughts are that you need to treat every inquiry
as a hot lead.how often do you convert a customer from just looking to just buying,
;sm - by Muzza
my thoughts are that you need to treat every inquiry
as a hot lead.how often do you convert a customer from just looking to just buying,
;sm
My thoughts may be a little different from the average salesperson's Muzza and surya, but for me, a qualified lead is one who has a need that my product or service can satisfy. If my product or service doesn't meet the prospect's need, I'd prefer not to sell it to him or her. Having said this, I believe it is necessary, ultimately, for a human to speak to the the prospect to qualify him or her. It is possible to narrow the domain of potential prospects with questionaires and surveys prior to that point. But once the list has been compiled of leads who seem to have an interest, the best tool for doing the qualification is a skilled salesperson. - by rlabston
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.