Home > Technology > Blogging Priorities?

Blogging Priorities?

I assume the bloggers here are stimulating business with links, but is Adsense a large part of your strategy too?

Hopefully this isn't too much of a beginner's question for here. - by Ricardo
I assume the bloggers here are stimulating business with links, but is Adsense a large part of your strategy too?

Hopefully this isn't too much of a beginner's question for here.
I'll be interested to hear the answer to this, too... I may be one of the few people left on the net who doesn't blog or use Adsense. The whole concept just never appealed to me. - by destiny
Adsense on a blog, no. Two reasons. 1) Adsense's pay rate sucks. It only works when you have hundreds of pages and a lot of visitors and not enough time to use a more targets service. 2) If your blog is promoting another service then anyone who clicks an adsense link is a customer you lose and inretunr you get maybe 2 cents.

If you blog sells a product, focus on that. if your blog is just content and revenue comes from ads, use affiliate links for specific vendors, the conversion and pay rate is much higher. - by theglyphon
Adsense is a big part of my blogging efforts. In fact, I've had more success with Adsense that with affiliate programs from Amazon, eBay, etc.

My brother and I write the blog entries because we think it helps us and could help others. I've put the Adsense on the blog in hopes that some day down the road we will profit from our writing. - by ozzie
Personally, I don't find blogging a very effective way to generate leads. Here's why - a blog is more informal and set up to be updated frequently. It's meant to get information out there in a quick and easily syndicated way. Because of the structure, it's so much less suited to lead capture than a website. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, it's just a lot easier to work on lead capture on a static website rather than something that is constantly being updated.

The real reason to do blogging is #1 - for community interest - so that if someone happens to find your blog, they can find out about you, your company, the community - whatever. And #2 - to enhance your website. Done correctly with static HTML for each blog post, your blog serves as extra content for your website every time you updtate it. The search engines love updated content. - by thevolcanogod
Personally, I don't find blogging a very effective way to generate leads. Here's why - a blog is more informal and set up to be updated frequently.
Does it seem to you that a lot of blog are not updated frequently? - by Houston
Does it seem to you that a lot of blog are not updated frequently?
Yes - I feel the vast majority aren't updated frequently. I think many people start with good intents but rarely follow-through on a regular basis. However, once you get into the swing of it, adding a post a day is easy and takes 10 minutes. The problem is when you get too many blogs going like me :yi - by thevolcanogod
Adsense on a blog is great way to earn some extra bucks but today many people are starting blogs just to use adsense, so its craze has gone down a bit - by mtajim
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.