Home > Management > Difficult associates

Difficult associates

Does anyone have any suggestions on working with people who just will not be coachable? I have a guy who I have been trying to get trained for several months, I've done everything I know of to get him working, yet he doesn't do anything I ask him to do, yet he calls me looking for help. - by Momentum Machine
Do you think this comes from a lack of interest or lack of discipline? - by Frankie
That's a great question. It's not either, he is the type of guy who just kind of wants to do his own thing, you know re-invent the wheel, and it simply doesn't work. I tried to get him to use the company's program but he's not comfprtable with that. So right now, I'm just trying to get him in on some extra curricular things like home shows, expo's and such. Usually if a person isn't working, they don't get to do those things, but I'm sort of sticking my neck out for him because there is real potential in him - by Momentum Machine
...he is the type of guy who just kind of wants to do his own thing, you know re-invent the wheel, and it simply doesn't work.
I've seen this too often and can't give you an unbiased reponse. In general, when one of our new employees demonstrates this type of behavior we terminate the relationship. :( - by Frankie
I've seen this too often and can't give you an unbiased reponse. In general, when one of our new employees demonstrates this type of behavior we terminate the relationship. :(
Ouch. That's harsh. :eek: - by SpeedRacer
Ouch. That's harsh. :eek:
Maybe... Maybe not. Wouldn't you rather have an employee who wanted to work your system vesus someone who throws that to the side to reinvent the wheel? - by WobblyBox
Maybe... Maybe not. Wouldn't you rather have an employee who wanted to work your system vesus someone who throws that to the side to reinvent the wheel?
I couldn't agree more. IMO, the employee should conform to the employer not the other way around. - by Jolly Roger
Does anyone have any suggestions on working with people who just will not be coachable? I have a guy who I have been trying to get trained for several months, I've done everything I know of to get him working, yet he doesn't do anything I ask him to do, yet he calls me looking for help.
You been trying several months to long, if he is not cooperating with you and you tried everything, I think it's time to terminate this I DON'T WANNA WORK relationship, if he is not willing to learn then he is not willing to work!!! - by Sanddollar
You been trying several months to long, if he is not cooperating with you and you tried everything, I think it's time to terminate this I DON'T WANNA WORK relationship, if he is not willing to learn then he is not willing to work!!!
Think about it this way--you might be doing him a favor. By "releasing" him from this job where he obviously doesn't fit, you might be opening the door for him to go find where he DOES fit.:) - by Terri Zwierzynski
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.