Home > Closing > Closing the sale article

Closing the sale article

I know there are a gazillion books and articles on this topic, but can anyone point me to a nice short and concise article on the net for "closing the sale?" I've got a new salesman with some experience, but he is young and might need a little reinforcing on this critical technique. - by RainMaker
I know there are a gazillion books and articles on this topic, but can anyone point me to a nice short and concise article on the net for "closing the sale?"
Is that possible? :confused: - by Frankie
Is that possible? :confused:
Point noted:D - by RainMaker
Maybe I'm just frustrated. I'm having one of "those" days. :o

It just seems to me that other than the various ways of "asking for the sale" that closing really comes down to understanding the "whole" process.

I once heard a Zen saying about how at first you believe the mountain is a mountain, then you learn that the mountain isn't a mountain but finally realize that the mountain is a mountain. [or something like that.] - by Frankie
Maybe I'm just frustrated. I'm having one of "those" days. :o

It just seems to me that other than the various ways of "asking for the sale" that closing really comes down to understanding the "whole" process.

I once heard a Zen saying about how at first you believe the mountain is a mountain, then you learn that the mountain isn't a mountain but finally realize that the mountain is a mountain. [or something like that.]
I was nodding my head in agreement on the "whole process" statement, but you lost me on mountain thing. I do understand your point, however, that effective sales cannot be oversimplified into a single small article on "closing." - by RainMaker
...but you lost me on mountain thing.
Many salespeople believe that a "close" is a "close." After discovery it turns out that a "close" isn't a "close" but really a "process". However, with that realization it's okay to call a "close" a "close" because you know the deeper meaning.

Of course, I'm not a Zen Master but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :p - by Frankie
Of course, I'm not a Zen Master but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Too funny. :p - by SpeedRacer
Many salespeople believe that a "close" is a "close." After discovery it turns out that a "close" isn't a "close" but really a "process". However, with that realization it's okay to call a "close" a "close" because you know the deeper meaning.
I like your way of thinking. :D - by Jolly Roger

I once heard a Zen saying about how at first you believe the mountain is a mountain, then you learn that the mountain isn't a mountain but finally realize that the mountain is a mountain. [or something like that.]
A great post and a great analogy, Frankie. That particular portion of the Zen story was paraphrased and popularized by Bruce Lee when he said "A punch is just a punch."

You hit the nail right on the head in your answer. If you seek a "deeper meaning" you lose the simple knowledge of what a "close" is. That was the point of the parable. - by Gary Boye
I'd like to thank everyone for analyzing my question, and I especially want to thank Bald Dog for sending me an email with some sources that actually answered my question. I was looking for a link to send my new (less experienced) reps to where they could read about the importance of and some effective approaches to "asking for the sale."

I like the sound of Gary's direct pre-close: Do you like it? If you can survive that, the final "close" should be nothing more than the logical conclusion. - by RainMaker
...and I especially want to thank Bald Dog for sending me an email with some sources that actually answered my question.
Can you share these sources with others? - by Jackie
Yes, Jackie. Bald Dog sent me 2 links:

www.di-squad.com/audio_programmes/bill_bachrach_mastery_teleconference.mp3

and the second one did not work or is no longer available. - by RainMaker
RainMaker, I just tried your link but it didn't work. :( - by Newbie
RainMaker, I just tried your link but it didn't work. :(
I copied and pasted it directly from the email. It automatically opens windows media player, so possbily if you do not have the media player, it will not work?? :confused: - by RainMaker
I copied and pasted it directly from the email. It automatically opens windows media player, so possbily if you do not have the media player, it will not work?? :confused:
Ooooohh! :o - by Newbie
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.