Home > Cold Calling > Cold Calling Scripts

Cold Calling Scripts

Does anyone have an outline or template for scripting cold calls? - by Thomas
I never use a cold call script. First, I try to qualify my leads, but when I DO make cold calls, I keep a piece of paper next to me with bullet points on what I want to cover. It always starts with "Greetings / Introduction / Specific Note" where the "Specific Note" is something specific about the person or organization I'm calling. Something like an article I read about them; or one of their products I've particularly enjoyed.

If I get voice-mail, I stop there and invite them to call back, also leaving a follow-up time that I'm going to call if I don't hear from him/her by then. Sometimes, I invite them to leave me their e-mail address if I don't have it, OR I tell them I'll send them an e-mail with some more information.

If I get the person live on the telephone, then I have 4 or 5 bullet points relating to questions I want to ask them. Based on the answers to those questions, I get specific about why I'm calling.

Scripts can sound way too rehearsed for my taste. I prefer to learn some information from the person I'm cold calling, then get down to specifics on why I feel what I'm selling brings them value.

So aaahhh... no, I don't have a script for cold calls... Just my two cents on the subject :) - by Coda1108
Does anyone have an outline or template for scripting cold calls?
What are you selling, i'll do one for you............... - by Tony Dunne
What are you selling, i'll do one for you...............
I work in used manufactured home sales. Most of the time I'm calling people who are trying to sell their manufactured homes privately. - by Thomas
I work in used manufactured home sales. Most of the time I'm calling people who are trying to sell their manufactured homes privately.
Not sure what you mean, do you have a website i could look at?

"Manufactured homes"? we don't use that in Australia........ - by Tony Dunne
Ok, what are you trying to achieve on your first call, an appointment or to list their home or something else?
When I first call I try to get an appointment to talk with the seller about having me help them sell their home. - by Thomas
Id try.Hi my name is ______________ and I wanted to let some of my customers know about the home you have for sale. Do you have a moment to speak?

What I do is email the details of your home to my customers; I focus on marketing AND selling, not just selling.

Can we make a time to get together and make sure were both comfortable doing business together, would that be ok with you? - by Tony Dunne
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.