Home > Cold Calling > Warming Up Cold Calls

Warming Up Cold Calls

What are the best ways to warm up cold calls? - by Thomas
I think it has to be in your voice and your general attitude. I simply try to be the warm and friendly person that I usually am and it seems to be coming across to my customers......at least most of the time. ;sm - by ozzie
Send a letter of introduction before the call. - by SpeedRacer
It always start with your greetings. Be sure to be respectful. - by shinningstar
What are the best ways to warm up cold calls?
Make the purpose of your call to attach real value to talking to you or meeting with you by offering diagnosis, ideas and solutions; even if that means you don’t do business with that person.

Don’t try to sell………….

Hope that makes sense……… - by Tony Dunne
Change the purpose of the call from making a sale to something else. When I take agents out door knocking I tell them that the purpose of the call is to meet the seller and view the property to determine if WE want to work with either. - by AZBroker
Send a letter of introduction before the call.
Those are good. Promotion pieces are good too. :thu - by Marcus
Thomas,

Studies show that 85% of the trust you convey (or don't convey) comes from vocal (voice tone and rate of speech) and 15% from the words you say. This is especially important on the phone.

Susan - by susana
Dale Carnegie had it right when he said "talk in terms of the other person's interests". ;wi - by Gilbert
Thank you everyone! :thu
Dale Carnegie had it right when he said "talk in terms of the other person's interests".
Example please? :bl - by Thomas
Example please? :bl
Let's use your case for an example. You say you call on manufactured homes for sale by owners.

Start off your phone conversation with, "I'm calling about the manufactured home for sale" and wait until the prospect replies before you go any further. You should find a receptive audience because so far you're talking in terms of the other person's interests.

Compare that to, "Howdy, this is Top Gun Thomas from Bend Hover Realty and I wanted to talk with you about listing your manufactured home." With this opener the prospect will probably take a defensive posture because so far you're talking in terms of your interests. - by Gilbert
Start off your phone conversation with, "I'm calling about the manufactured home for sale" and wait until the prospect replies before you go any further. You should find a receptive audience because so far you're talking in terms of the other person's interests.
I do that! :thup - by Thomas
Generally speaking, people are only interested in their own problems and are totally pre-occupied with themselves. To break their pre-occupation with themselves, you need to communicate a strong but simple to understand message, with an implied or direct benefit. - by Jim Klein
To break their pre-occupation with themselves, you need to communicate a strong but simple to understand message, with an implied or direct benefit.
I don't always do that. :sa But I can. :thup - by Thomas
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.