Home > Advertising > radio show marketing

radio show marketing

i have a karate school and now a new 30 minute talk show about character development for kids.

how can i use this to get into schools and business for joint venture and other ways to grow my school??

and how can i get sponsers?? - by cobra
What did you have in mind for the joint venture? - by Calvin
well i want to get into public and private school by interveiwing principals and teachers.

and other business owners to get them to exchange leads. - by cobra
You can invite people into your show and ask them about there intrest and how can they develop these thing jointly . - by mtajim
i have a karate school and now a new 30 minute talk show about character development for kids.

how can i use this to get into schools and business for joint venture and other ways to grow my school??

and how can i get sponsers??
In my opinion the best way to generate some good community awareness and support would be for YOU to sponsor some age awards for both boys and girls at say 8 thru to 16, boy and girl winner in each age group. You could offer the winners free tuition for 1 year plus whatever you could get from your partners.

If you where in my area, Id offer a $200 per child award, $100 to their favorite charity and $100 for themselves. Im a car dealer and this would help me improve my community profile by associating my business with this award.

You could get sponsorship from other kid focused companies and organizations that could share the limelight with you and at the same time add to the appeal of the award.

You could score kids on;
  • School work
  • Martial Arts
  • Community involvement
  • Arts

Hope this makes sense

Snowman:thu - by Tony Dunne
Radio shows often have competitions on air and they give away prizes. Call them and see if they would be interested in giving away free karate classes in return for some free on air promotions. - by jimberan
I dont think any one would like to have free karate classes in return of free air promotions - by mtajim
I have seen it happen so people are interested. Hosts of Radio shows are often looking for prizes for all their contests so why not? - by jimberan
well i want to get into public and private school by interveiwing principals and teachers.

and other business owners to get them to exchange leads.

I remember when I was in school I was student body president and we where always looking for presentations at the schools. Talk to the principal and counslers and find out when you could give a demonstration of your arts. Make sure during your demonstration to talk about how you help kids build character, self respect and discipline. It would also be useful to do this using a story. - by Jorel

and how can i get sponsers??
Hi cobra. You are clearly having some success in your business if you are able to have a radio talk show. Most of us would consider it an incredible marketing tool to have access to 30 minutes of radio time.

It would be useful to know how many times a week or month your show airs.

In any event, think about how your karate school benefits the schools and the students and families that they serve. Two things occur to me immediately. They are physical education and security. Schools are always looking to beat their drum about how wonderful the services they provide to their communities are. How does your karate school and your radio show help the schools you want to reach encourage phys ed in thier schools and how can you help these schools let their students and parents know that they are concerned as much about the physical health and development of their students as they are about their mental health and development. And, of course, feeling secure in their ability to protect themselves provides support for their self esteem as a person.

Once you have thought out a good rationale for these schools to care about what you have to offer, you are now prepared to approach them with an offer of some sort. How you approach the schools and what that offer is will depend on what you conclude about the needs that you are helping them meet.

In every sales opportunity that I have investigated, I have always felt that the place to start is to determine how I am helping someone else meet one or more needs. This needs-based approach to sales provides a great place to start in developing any sales and marketing campaign. - by rlabston
If it were my Karate School I would put together an advertising package offering sponsors commercials on my thirty minute talk show. In your talk show you could have two-two minute breaks which would give you room for at least four sponsors to run two thirty second commercials on your show plus an open and a close. Your sponsors could be guests on your show which would give them even more exposure. You may have to go out to businesses and sell it but it would be well worth it. Most TV or Radio stations give you additional thirty second promotional announcements when you have a half hour show on their station so that your sponsors can have name mentions then which makes the package even more attractive. - by MPrince
Where are you located? - by alexhar
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.