Home > Marketing > Complete Marketing System?

Complete Marketing System?

Hi-

I'm just starting a new sales job as a commercial lender in a bank in a couple of days where I will be in 100% business development role for the first year I would guess. What I mean by that is, I am starting with no customers. I've been in this industry for a few years but have always worked my customers and referrals sources to get new business.

My question is that I'd really like to take the chance to get a lead generation/marketing/follow-up system in place early on. I'd love to hear of any resources which talks about the entire process. I'd really love something step by step using a lot of different mediums. Something that combines direct mail, email, walk-in prospecting, phone prospecting.

I started thinking more and more about directmail when I was constantly getting a real estate agents postcard mailer in my mailbox and then started seeing her signs appearing everywhere in my neighborhood. - by dasheriprock
My question is that I'd really like to take the chance to get a lead generation/marketing/follow-up system in place early on. I'd love to hear of any resources which talks about the entire process. I'd really love something step by step using a lot of different mediums. Something that combines direct mail, email, walk-in prospecting, phone prospecting.
No single program comes to mind but there are a lot of articles on these invididual topics. - by Sensei
there are programs like CRM pro that cost alot but they do alot of combination Direct mail and email and voiceblast.

i have a karate school that uses something like that.

i can get a lead -- then email use directmail and even fax.
voicemail too.

i also now of a cost effective program but i have to look the name up and get back with you.

hope this helps. - by cobra
Hi-

I'm just starting a new sales job as a commercial lender in a bank in a couple of days where I will be in 100% business development role for the first year I would guess. What I mean by that is, I am starting with no customers. I've been in this industry for a few years but have always worked my customers and referrals sources to get new business.

I started thinking more and more about directmail when I was constantly getting a real estate agents postcard mailer in my mailbox and then started seeing her signs appearing everywhere in my neighborhood.
I use ACT2000!, there could be a newer version out by now but this works really well, check it out............. - by Tony Dunne
Commercial bank lending is sophisticated, congratulations.
I would say your local chamber of commerce is an excellent resource. Not just for lists, but for networking. Get to know the people who work at the chamber. Go to their events to "rub elbows" with other chamber members.

Most Chamber of Commerce benefits are geared toward local businesses... Local businesses can always use commercial bank loans, everything from simple lines of credit to help their working capital... to long-term fixed-rate loans for equipment purchases, etc.

Also, it would be a great help for you to increase and consistently update your knowledge of what your bank offers. If there is an SBA Loan Department, get to know the parameters. If there is no particular department for that, then learn about SBA loan parameters offered by the government. In case you're not aware, an SBA loan is a secured loan, but partially underwritten by the government... however it is secured by private banks, by people doing exactly what you'll be doing.

Hope you don't mind the long-winded answer. I've run my own small business for five years now, and one of my company's best friends is my commercial loan officer. He helped me secure my first SBA loan four years ago, and has provided a number of other lending products since then. He's always telling me about new products to see if they're right for me. No matter what happens with the rest of my dealings with his bank, I can't see myself going elsewhere, simply because he has been such a great resource to me and my company. - by Coda1108
I started thinking more and more about directmail when I was constantly getting a real estate agents postcard mailer in my mailbox and then started seeing her signs appearing everywhere in my neighborhood.
If you're going the DM route, you want to try something that gets useful information to people and starts to build a list for you.

If you'd like some suggestions, just PM me.

Susan - by susana
Try to get a list of prospect customers in your community that way you can get start in your business and then get more people in future - by mtajim
Hi-

I would suggest something that has been under the radar for about 6 months now that I've been using for about a year and there is nothing like it.. Success On Contact it is referred to as a Permission Based Relationship Marketing Software.

It has all the basics like list management, contact management, campaign management and such, but also integrates with inbound and outbound VoIP like Vonage, Skype and J2 Communications ( will actually automatically attach voicemails to contact record with play button), or create a new contact record if it does not recognise the inbound number calling. It also integrates with just a few clicks with web based voicebroadcasting services.

Let's see what else...oh, internal email and newsletter client, newsletter and pdf post card and sales campaign creation.

It also automatically pulls leads from your websites into your contact manager without you lifting a finger and notifies you within 60 seconds to your desktop that you have a lead and it is automatically databased according to advertisement, product/ service campaign so you can track seemlessly where your leads are coming from.:thu This is my favorite feature, because thru out the day, my recontact due icon pops up to let me know I have a new lead, I just click on the new name in the recontact due and pops up the full record all filled in (no wasted time intering data), I click on the Skype button (I use Skype..but it could be your land line..etc.) and presto, I'm talking to my prospective client in less than 2 minutes from the time they opted for more information..and many times while they are on my site. Typing notes in the contact record along the way and engaging them immediately in my sales process.;bg

There are live demos daily.

If you need more information let me know...but this most definitely deserves a look.

To Your Success,

Kelly Gerards - by Kelly Gerards
Probably an integrated CRM program as others have
mentioned.

Choose one that combines an easy to use
email and autoresponder set-up.

Today, everyone wants email it seems.

But don't overlook the importance of while
you are starting new, the business is about
you, your brand name and your reputation
in the community.

You can do a lot of things and make it happen
quicker just by getting out into the community. - by MaxReferrals
I'm not aware of anything on the market that systematically sets out a total prospecting/marketing plan. There are, however, a couple of books that look at prospecting and marketing from many different media. You might look into Never Cold Call Again by Frank Rumbauskas or Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port. Frank has a new book that will be hitting the streets any day now that goes even more in-depth about various marketing media called Selling Sucks! (I did an endorsement review of Frank's book, so I've had the opportunity to read it--I'm not crazy about the title, but the books good).

You can also look at individual aspects of personal marketing such as cold calling--you might look at Wendy Weiss' Cold Calling for Women (it's not just for women); my book on how to generate a very large number of high quality referrals from clients and prospects; some of Seth Godin's stuff on more corporate type marketing (direct mail, etc.).

Farming a particular area as the Realtor in your neighborhood did is also effective over time. Take a very defined area that has a large proportion of your targets and farm it like crazy. Gary Keller of Keller Williams Realty suggests that if you farm an area you need to touch you prospects about 33 times during the first year. Needless to say, that's a lot--but farming does work, and it works for people who don't go to the 33 touch a year extreme.

Also, having trained a lot of commercial loan officers, I've found that farming within the bank is also very effective. Mortgage loan officers, tellers, relationship managers and other non-managerial branch people will refer the commercial customers who ask about loans to you if they like and trust you more than they do their in-branch business banker--even if you're not associated with their branch in any way. So, think about developing relationships throughout all the branches, not just the one or one's you're assigned to (and, of course, your branch manager will love it as you're bringing him more booked business that he didn't have to "work" for as you're taking it from other branches). - by pmccord
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.