Home > Cold Calling > Help in getting appointment

Help in getting appointment

Hi!
I am new to B2B sales and seem to be struggling. I have to (in person) cold call and am having trouble putting a teaser script together to generate an interest in my product. (gatekeepers, etc. are not an obstacle) My product is security sales and is about 3x higher than everyone else. To use the, "I can save you money" line won't work for me. Anyone have any ideas that will get me an appointment. Thanks! - by kayeG
How about "I can make you secure and save you a lot of worrying"? After that, proceed to let them know how your product is better than other brands....cost isn't everything when people are purchasing products. In my opinion that would be especially true with security products. - by ozzie
Sell security of peace of mind.

Priceless.:thu - by job ready strategist
Hi!
I am new to B2B sales and seem to be struggling. I have to (in person) cold call and am having trouble putting a teaser script together to generate an interest in my product. (gatekeepers, etc. are not an obstacle) My product is security sales and is about 3x higher than everyone else. To use the, "I can save you money" line won't work for me. Anyone have any ideas that will get me an appointment. Thanks!
If your product is higher in price than your opposition then that’s a good thing…….., I believe the way to play it is to say…….

“With advances in security services etc it makes good sense keep your knowledge of the latest developments and security issues up to date.

As my product is the most expensive on the market it is widely accepted as being the most complete package available and is definitely the leading product in the market.

What we do is diagnose your needs and offer you a top level proposal.

At that stage you can either;
  • Decide to take us up on our proposal..
  • Decide to take a scaled down version of what we recommend.
  • Or, stay with the company your with and ask them to change a few things based on what you’ve picked up from our proposal.

In any case our time spent together will be of real value to you………
- by Tony Dunne
Hi!
I am new to B2B sales and seem to be struggling. I have to (in person) cold call and am having trouble putting a teaser script together to generate an interest in my product. (gatekeepers, etc. are not an obstacle) My product is security sales and is about 3x higher than everyone else. To use the, "I can save you money" line won't work for me. Anyone have any ideas that will get me an appointment. Thanks!
I just found these questions in one of Sharon Drew Morgen's articles and I believe the answers could help with your situation.
  1. How do buyers decide to choose your product when they have other – probably less viable, less effective, cheaper – options?
  2. How will they know that your product is worth your price?
- by BossMan
What are you currently using as your opener? - by Liberty
sorry for the delay in response! It has been fairly crazy in my world. thank you for everyone's input! Word smithing (as they call it in my bus) is a challenge for meso I appreciate the advice and the script. I love that the script confronts the objections up front and also lets them know I am not selling anything, just offering information. I am going to try that script today and next week...I have some large jobs 1.9M that I am going after. These are all new projects so they are, or need to be, re-evaluating their current provider. I'll make sure to post my results from the cold calls I make this next week!
My counterparts do not ever share info as we are all after the same business and are very competitive. So thanks again!!;bg - by kayeG
Best of luck KayeG - by Tony Dunne
how did you go KayeG? - by Tony Dunne
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.