Home > Technology > Youtube Advertising

Youtube Advertising

Definitely, we can see big companies using video sites like Youtube in advertising their products. With several million members for those sites, it is not surprising that they or even some small types of businesses taking advantage of the situation. - by matefork
is it being done by big companies yet?

maybe i should start using it for my small business...

instead of uploadinig pictures of my cats all day..man.:cu - by rox2006
I have seen quite a few, Nivea and a certain cellphone in particular. One time, I saw a chess site showing a wonderful commercial. You can make any videos you like. There are many that are just taken from webcams and they generate hundreds of thousands of views. What would you think if your promotion will get that many views from other members? I just can't tell because I'm not an entrepreneur or businessman. ;sm - by matefork
Have you seen anyone advertising homes on youtube? - by Thomas
I haven't seen it but there's always a first time. I have seen a branded cellphone being reviewed on Youtube. It's not a commercial but an expert review showing the good and the not so good of the item. - by matefork
If this is a channel to your target audience and the cost isn't prohibitive then I'd say test it out. - by Liberty
You tube is an absolute goldmine! I just ordered a new computer with the soul purpose of making videos to put on there. One of my friends is also a big believer in it. He drove about 10,000 extra visitors in 2 months using flippin' You Tube. Imagine getting that many visitors from about 3 hours of your time to make some videos. - by Timwelch
You tube is an absolute goldmine! I just ordered a new computer with the soul purpose of making videos to put on there.
Okay, this seems a good place to ask this. I'd love to see youtube... I can't. Something in my machine just won't allow me to see the videos unless they load for like half an hour first. What do I need to have faster? Which part of the machine? It's fine for everything else... I work in the music community and have no trouble with other sites or with slowness, just youtube. Any ideas? - by destiny
Sorry destiny,
I really don't know, what kind of computer do you have? Are you using dialup? Internet connection will make loading videos slower than heck, but a high speed connection of any kind, and even a basic processor will do. I use a 5 year old Ibook, that slower than mollasses in january and I have no probs with You tube. The only thing I can guess is your internet connection. - by Timwelch
The only thing I can guess is your internet connection.
Well drat, I was afraid someone would say that. ;cr Yes, that would be it, I'm sure. I was hoping it could be something else. Maybe I just have to be more patient. If I give them enough time to load, they play fine the second the third time through... I guess I have to start them loading and leave the room for 20 or 30 minutes. ;sm - by destiny
Have you seen anyone advertising homes on youtube?
Thomas,
I was looking at the same idea.;bg I love the idea of using youtube videos on a website. I've already planned to film any homes I listed, especially the insides. I want to burn a "walk through" on CD or DVD for the office and possibly for buyers to take. Youtube would be a natural extension of that. Talk about initial time savings.

I've already budgeted for a new computer, a broadband connection, a better video camera, and some production software.:thu

Pam - by LadySmith
I just ordered a new computer with the soul purpose of making videos to put on there.
Tim,

What specifically did you look for in your computer? Can you recomend any good production programs?

Thanks,
Pam - by LadySmith
This sounds like a great idea but how do you learn the skills to use Youtube for marketing your product? I'm not sure if my computer can handle it because I don't even know what it needs to be able to do. Can someone give me a quick rundown or point me to the information? - by ozzie
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.