Home > Approach > customer mailing list from retail store

customer mailing list from retail store

have a voluntary sign up sheet for your clients email addresses...and send them occasional emails about the specials going on in your business.. (this would be about retail..but if you can incorporate it into other forms of business, let me know):yi - by rox2006
You could offer specials in the email as a reason to sign up. - by Thomas
Opt-in mailing lists can be used offline (retail store) and online (website). - by Liberty
Normally you need to spend advertising dollars on reaching clients with your new offerings or products. Mailing lists are a great way of reaching interested clients and promoting your goods and services free of charge. - by jimberan
Mailing a database of customers is a smart idea Ozzie. You know what they say, out of sight out of mind. - by Marcus
When I owned a retail store, I had a twist on a mailing list. I had customer cards. If they spent so much a month, I would "punch" their card. After all the months were punched they would get a gift certificate (just before Christmas generally).

Anyway, to sign up for the card, they needed to provide specific contact information (name, address, phone, email, etc.). If they provided me with an email, I gave them an extra chance each month to opt in for a giveaway. It gave me a chance to email an advertisement of upcoming sales, customer card specials, etc. (the winner was listed in that email ad). It was one of the best marketing venues I had.

Pam - by LadySmith
THAT is a smart idea Pam! :thup

I get punch cards at the sandwich and coffee shop but they've never asked me for my information. I'd probably give it to them if they asked nicely. ;sm - by Thomas
THAT is a smart idea Pam! :thup

I get punch cards at the sandwich and coffee shop but they've never asked me for my information. I'd probably give it to them if they asked nicely. ;sm
Actually, I got the original idea from the coffee shop in the mall:thu

I just added the need to provide information since I'd be sending them their gift certificates in a Christmas card.;wi

Pam - by LadySmith
Actually, I got the original idea from the coffee shop in the mall:thu

I just added the need to provide information since I'd be sending them their gift certificates in a Christmas card.;wi

Pam
Good work Pam! :thup - by Thomas
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.