Home > Prospecting > What is a sales lead?

What is a sales lead?

I have a vague idea on the matter. How can it be generated? And what should be done once you have it? - by matefork
A lead to me is the name and contact information of someone who has identified themself as someone who has a want for what I offer. - by Mikey
A lead to me is someone representing a company I feel will benefit from using the service my company offers. They don't necessary have to have previously expressed an interest in my service. I think it's my job to bring to their attention that I can benefit their organization, even though they haven't already thought about it. - by Coda1108
In simple terms, they are what we call prospects and they should be constantly inform of your services or products in order to generate interest. Am I right? Or am I wrong? - by matefork
A lead is whatever you want it to be. The first step to generating a lead is determining for yourself what qualifies as a lead and then determining how you will reach this audience. Once you have a lead the next step is to qualify the lead. - by Liberty
I have a vague idea on the matter. How can it be generated? And what should be done once you have it?
Leads can be generated by marketing, by you, by referrals from customers. Once you have it, you should qualify them for interest level and time frame for a potential purchase.

Susan - by susana
Lead is the prospect client who want what you have to offer . - by mtajim
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.