Home > Advertising > Bomb Scare/Ad Campaign?

Bomb Scare/Ad Campaign?

I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks of the ad campaign for the animated show that turned into a bomb scare recently.

I think the city involved with the scare was Boston?

It's a potential tragedy when emergency public service units are tied up like that on something that doesn't require their attention. - by Ricardo
I saw or read the headline but I don't know the story. What happened anyway? - by Marcus
Crazy situation!
The Cartoon Network hired a guerilla marketing company to put up lighted signs... like the old game Light Bright in nine different cities throughout the U.S. About 20-25 throughout each city were put in place over a 2-4 week period, all with timers to begin illuminating at the same time.

In 8 of the cities, there was no reaction. In Boston, they were seen as a possible terrorist action and they called out the bomb squad, etc. While the city of Boston was criticized for overreacting, I can't blame them for taking it as a potentially serious threat.

Ted Turner, whose company owns Cartoon Network had the good class to pay the city of Boston a million dollars as compensation for the expense it went through in reacting to the misunderstanding. - by Coda1108
I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks of the ad campaign for the animated show that turned into a bomb scare recently.
I wonder if the PR and Publicity was worth more than the fine? :re - by Jolly Roger
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.