Home > Direct Marketing > Branding vs. Direct Response

Branding vs. Direct Response

Do you see any advantage of branding over direct response marketing or vice versa? - by Houston
I need to see a good description of Branding and a good description of Direct Response before I could answer your question about the advantage of one over the other. I'm not sure if I know what all those two things involve. - by ozzie
Do you see any advantage of branding over direct response marketing or vice versa?
IMO, with products that lend themself to multiple purchases like food and clothing branding has an advantage over direct response marketing. - by AZBroker
IMO, with products that lend themself to multiple purchases like food and clothing branding has an advantage over direct response marketing.
An advantage of direct response marketing over branding is that direct response marketing provides an immediate and measurable response. You can measure your return on investment. Very important. ;wi - by SalesGuy
Direct response copywriting is designed so someone buys when they visit a website and read a sales letter.

IMO, the power of branding is completely overestimated by many companies. I've been doing quite a bit of research for my upcoming product Selling to Millionaires. Something interesting I found, was companies believe the affluent buy because of brand. However, the affluent list quality first and brand third. Out of 3 choices.

Susan - by susana
IMO, the power of branding is completely overestimated by many companies.
Is there any major studies that you know of that show the advantages and the limitations of Branding? - by Houston
Is there any major studies that you know of that show the advantages and the limitations of Branding?
Houston,

Most of the market research I've accumulated deals with the affluent market.

I can forward some of that to you, if you're interested.

Susan - by susana
I need to see a good description of Branding and a good description of Direct Response before I could answer your question about the advantage of one over the other. I'm not sure if I know what all those two things involve.
If you want some info on DR marketing, check out David Ogilvy.

Susan - by susana
I think branding is more effective then Direct response, it gives a brand to the product - by mtajim
Looks like this old issue of Branding vs Direct Marketing still attracts much interests. A product's brand should be what makes it appealing and direct marketing efforts must certainly leverage on and reinforce a products brand. Hence branding and direct marketing is not mutually exclusive. The key point of differentiation lies in the intent. Whilst direct marketing always aims at creating a sale or ayt least a lead, Branding is concerned primarily at creating a mental image of the product (product position)in the consumer's mind. - by alexhar
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.