Home > Direct Marketing > Telemarketing

Telemarketing

What is your take on this? Does it serve its purpose or will it just be an annoyance to the prospective buyer? - by matefork
What is your take on this? Does it serve its purpose or will it just be an annoyance to the prospective buyer?
Selling goods or services directly over the phone could be on the way out. ;cri - by Seth
I've been wondering about this myself. There is a brand new T-Mobile building near us that employs quite a few people. I've been assuming they are mostly telemarketers. Do you think this would be profitable? What other kinds of jobs do you think they would have to offer? - by ozzie
I think telemarketing is not that effective and giving support on telephone does really help to booost your service - by mtajim
What is your take on this? Does it serve its purpose or will it just be an annoyance to the prospective buyer?
If done professionally this can work quite well for some businesses. My rule of thumb is, would I deal over the phone as a buyer of whatever you’re thinking about telemarketing?

E.g. I’d make an appointment over the phone from a telemarketer but I wouldn’t purchase anything. - by Tony Dunne
One thing thats good about is that you dont have to move out of your place in telemarketing but bad is that too much of telemarketing annoyes the customer - by mtajim
Why are you guys giving telemarketing such a bad rap?

THere are some very, very good telemarketing companies out there but then again there are some very bad ones too.

In my experience it is down to the quality of the client briefing and managing the relationship with the telemarketing company/ department that determines whether selling over the phone works.

We regularly make good qualified appointments for our reps to visit prospects on behalf of our clients. We also sell for some clients over the phone. It all depends on the product and the service. - by Julian
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.