Home > Personal Development > Man I'm Tired! - Burn out?

Man I'm Tired! - Burn out?

I don't know if I'm suffering from "burn out" or what but man am I tired. I used to eat, sleep and drink my work. I loved it.

Now, I don't hate it but I'm not excited to jump into it either.

Does anyone have any motivating ideas or advice?

Maybe I just need a few more pots of coffee, I don't know. :rolleyes: - by Frankie
Write down a list of all the different things about your "work" that you like. If that doesn't work... punt! :eek: - by WobblyBox
If that doesn't work... punt!
Y i k e s! :eek: - by Jackie
I used to eat, sleep and drink my work. I loved it.

Now, I don't hate it but I'm not excited to jump into it either.

:rolleyes:
Logically speaking, only one of 2 possibilities could have changed: 1)Whatever it was that you LOVED about it before is no longer present or 2) Whatever you loved about it before is still present, but it no longer motivates or excites you. Perhaps your job is falling short in meeting your longer-term goals, even though it did a pretty decent job meeting your shorter-term ones. Maybe if you take a little time off to contemplate, you can discover whatever is at the core of your problem and you will feel refreshed enough to address it. - by RainMaker
What's in it for you? What does your work help you achieve?

IMO, interest (what) follows purpose (why). ;) - by Jolly Roger
We've all been been there at some point.:( I have just rediscovered a new interest in my work after a couple months of tough slugging. For me it was more a case of getting bored with my current territory, and duties. In short, work became a chore. It wasn't that I wasn't performing, I was still by far selling the most product in our division of the company, I just didn't have anything challenging to do. I have since taken on new responsibilities and challenges and I am much more energized and eager to get to work in the morning than I was a few weeks ago.:) - by Doc MC
Frankie,
Try this. When I first learned this question, it had an enormous positive effect on me. I continue to ask it of myself. "Am I the right person selling the right product for the right reason?"

Go to bed thinking about that. See what happens. Let us know. - by Gary Boye
Wow, thanks for all of the replies and great ideas!

I took a few days off, hit the beach, and realized that my problem was that I had lost track of my my goals. I used to feel that I was working "towards" something and recently I was only feelling that I was "working".

So much for the midlife crisis. :p

Thanks again everyone! :) - by Frankie
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.