Home > Social Influence > Influence Tips

Influence Tips

I would be interested in hearing any tips members might have on "influence". - by Newbie
"Fear" is a great agent of influence. ;) - by Jolly Roger
I find that comfort and durability is a great influence in selling my vehicles.prestige is also a powerful influence, my personal favorite is simply to find the buying motives of my customers and do a simple fade( That is using leading open ended Questions that let them sell themselves while feigning a submissive position until they have worked themselves into a closing position and buying is the only logical step.) Then you may rest assured I go for the close strong and hard. - by Rothgar the Pacifist
I find that comfort and durability is a great influence in selling my vehicles.
What does that mean?

...my personal favorite is simply to find the buying motives of my customers and do a simple fade (That is using leading open ended Questions that let them sell themselves while feigning a submissive position until they have worked themselves into a closing position and buying is the only logical step.)
Would you provide an example? I don't think I've ever heard of that technique. - by Liberty
When I say durability in my product line I mean that I reduce my customers fear of loss by showing that my product is long lasting and he/she will get a great value. When I say comfort I generally mean physical comfort. When I refer to a simple fade I guess what I basically mean is that for a lot of people shopping for a car is very stressful and they assume a agressive posture in a defensive reaction. I try to nuetralize that posture by being submissive while probing for their buying motives. Softlyasking questions like " Is an eight cylinder engine important to you or would a six be better? To be short and sweet on this a fade is a soft non aggressive approach in my qualifying segment but I'm cataloging their answers so when we are talking into the closing process I can use their own words to make the buying decision. the key to doing it is a non-confrontational tone of voice and passive posture. Think judo when your opponet throws a punch you pull with the punch and send them across the room. It's basically the old soft sell. - by Rothgar the Pacifist
When I refer to a simple fade I guess what I basically mean is that for a lot of people shopping for a car is very stressful and they assume a agressive posture in a defensive reaction. I try to nuetralize that posture by being submissive while probing for their buying motives.
I like your technique. I can see that working. - by Liberty
I try to neutralize that posture by being submissive while probing for their buying motives.

I like that too! - by MPrince
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.