Home > Personal Selling > Trying To Reach My Potential

Trying To Reach My Potential

It is interesting to try and figure out what the "next step" is before your employer does. I am trying to fast track my developement to increase my value to my company (a.k.a promotion), and the obvious answer is......INCREASE SALES!!!;st (Duh).
Either way...I want to know in as much specification to jewelry as you can to tell me how I can ask better questions to encourage my customer to WANT to invest more time and money into giving me business. In other words....what are some good questions to motivate as much as possible my customer to carry the sale as I heard James Black mention in another thread (great post by the way...it was genius:thu ), so that I can reduce how threatening I seem in the eyes of the customer. It's not that I'm not friendly...and I'm DEFINATELY not pushy....but at the same time, I want to transform my passiveness into more aggressive results.

Any takers?.....;wi
Always looking to be better than the day before,
David
p.s. thank you for any information you could give...I will do my best to return my philosophies in kind.

- by truesaxman
In other words....what are some good questions to motivate as much as possible my customer to carry the sale as I heard James Black mention in another thread (great post by the way...it was genius:thu ), so that I can reduce how threatening I seem in the eyes of the customer. It's not that I'm not friendly...and I'm DEFINATELY not pushy....but at the same time, I want to transform my passiveness into more aggressive results.
In my opinion, when you ask questions that demonstrate to the prospect that you know what you are talking about and that you have their interests at heart the prospect will feel more confident in working with you. - by AZBroker
I want to know in as much specification to jewelry as you can to tell me how I can ask better questions to encourage my customer to WANT to invest more time and money into giving me business. In other words....what are some good questions to motivate as much as possible my customer
Most people love to talk about themselves. Of course, it is good to find out the person's motivation looking at your jewelry. If it is form romance, I would ask about their romance. If it is for business I would ask about their business, etc. But be careful not to get to personal. If the customer starts acting reserved, change the subject. If they start talking a lot about a subject, focus on that one. - by rlabston
create an eviroment that is different from everyone else.
Sit them down and do what is said above (tt them about themselves) then tranisition into business
so do you know alot about the jewlery business?? they will say no more then likely
Go into your education of why your jewlery store does X and Y things to separate from everyone else.
Then go into all the different stones and what they like and don't like (i like round but not princess)
Then go into budget....explain if neccessary that what they are wanting to spend and what they want is not reasonable....
From there show the rings and stones that will match what they told you they wanted...
Then close....
I promise you if you take this approach you will separate yourself from everyone else, that says "Do you like this"????

good luck - by benjamin-benjamin
If you change your operating platform from focusing on your own results to putting what the customer wants and needs first then you’re able to come across less self centered, needy and sales like, and more like a solutions provider.

To get more, give more…
When you view the world as a place of abundance, where you can detach yourself from the outcome and just find out what they want and need with each prospect then your customers will sense that and you’ll put them at ease much faster and sell a lot more of whatever your selling.
- by Tony Dunne
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.