Home > Direct Marketing > Windshield Flyers

Windshield Flyers

I can't go to the movies or mall any more without having a windshield flyer placed on my car?

How effective do you think this really is conversion wise? - by Newbie
The conversion ratio has to be incredibly low because they are being delivered to anyone and everyone.

I would imagine for these to have any success at all the product/service would have to have a wide appeal. - by SpeedRacer
The conversion ratio has to be incredibly low because they are being delivered to anyone and everyone.

I would imagine for these to have any success at all the product/service would have to have a wide appeal.
I agree with Speed. Without a filter you're really just throwing mud at the wall and seeing how much sticks. - by Jolly Roger
I suppose you could try to advertise within your demographic if you put flyers on the cars in a specific parking lot.

For example, a vintage wine store may target cars parked in a lot by a fine dining restaurant.

Does that make sense? ;bl - by Ricardo
I used to give flyers to when I was teenager. In parking lots, shopping malls or any place as long as there are many people passing by. So far it really helped a lot to advertise your own business. - by shinningstar
Those flyers are not worthy now , since they are so many and in almost every place that people turn them down and dont even look at them - by mtajim
For some businesses this will fly but with others it will flop. I think too many business owners don't understand the idea of choosing the right tool for the job. - by Jolly Roger
It is especially a bad idea if the weather is bad. There is nothing worse then coming to your car when it rains and having all these wet flyers on your front screen. - by jimberan
I do refinancing here in Indiana. I was thinking of doing this. I would target Golf-Courses and Little League Ball Parks on Saturday mornings (Maybe the parking lots at a Mega-Church on Sun. Mornings lol).

Any tips on other locations would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

edit: I'm talking about full color, glossy, jpeg graphics postcards...not b/w kinkos flyers. - by zachtannehill.com
Better to set fire to a pile of cash in the parking lot!

Flyers are a waste of time. Especially those given out to you at soccer matches in the UK - the most effective crowd control ever as people do anything to avoid being within arms length of the person giving out the flyers.

My advice - steer well clear.

thmbdn2; - by Julian
I would target Golf-Courses and Little League Ball Parks on Saturday mornings (Maybe the parking lots at a Mega-Church on Sun. Mornings lol).

Any tips on other locations would be GREATLY appreciated!
The best locations are those with the highest concentration of probable buyers. Do golf courses and little league ball parks fill that bill for you? - by Jolly Roger
I can't go to the movies or mall any more without having a windshield flyer placed on my car?

How effective do you think this really is conversion wise?

I think you answered your own question...msnwnk; - by MaxReferrals
Newbie,

It depends on the product you're selling. If you're promoting a nail saloon, a bar, a discount store, a bowling alley, or some other inexpensive retail outlet, you might be able to get some return on your investment. Probably not much, but some.

If you're selling anything of any real value or a service of any complexity, you are in for a long day with no pay.

Do you want to refinance the largest investment of your life with some guy who stuck a flier under your windshield? Are you willing to risk your investments with that guy? Are you willing to spend 20, 30, or 40,000 dollars on a remodel with a company who's sophistication is a flier?

When people look at making a major purchase or look to make a serious monetary move they want to work with an expert. How many experts do you know in the parking lot putting fliers under windshields?

Furthermore, prospects assume that real experts are getting their business through referrals from their clients, not begging for crumbs in the parking lot.

This isn't to say that there aren't people out there who will respond. There are. Those people who don't care about working with an expert--they just want the cheapest price in the market. So, again, if you don't have the cheapest price, you'll lose on those folks also.

Not only are there more professional ways to get business, the flier under the windshield method more than likely won't even payoff the $30 bucks it cost to print them. - by pmccord
Weekly Updates!
Questions and Answers about Selling
Subscribe to our mailing list to get threads and posts sent to your email address weekly - Free of Charge.